Default Service Required

I recently purchased a 2008 24SSV. I have not used it yet, but after charging the battery in my garage, I turned on the ignition key. The info center displays a message saying "Service Required". I am assuming this is a service reminder that needs to be reset. Can anyone tell me how to do that?

Quote Originally Posted by daveqberry View Post
    I recently purchased a 2008 24SSV. I have not used it yet, but after charging the battery in my garage, I turned on the ignition key. The info center displays a message saying "Service Required". I am assuming this is a service reminder that needs to be reset. Can anyone tell me how to do that?
    The service required display usually comes up when a sensor is out of range, not when the oil needs to be changed. It is like the check engine light in your car. If the cause of the ecm code is corrected, the display will reset after 3 heat/cooldown cycles (engine runs above 150 deg then below 100 deg, 3 times). Otherwise the only way to find out what the code is and to clear it is to hookup a computer with marine service software like rinda diacom. If you have a good indmar dealer in the area (supra,moomba,malibu,mastercraft) it is likely best to take it there to get it taken care of. Sometimes a bad exhaust temp sensor or even a bad speed/temp/depth triducer will cause this (or a number of other things). You won't know until you get it checked out.

csleaver -- That's the best response I've ever seen from a guy with 15 posts!! Welcome to the board and please stick around!!
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

Quote Originally Posted by wotan2525 View Post
    csleaver -- That's the best response I've ever seen from a guy with 15 posts!! Welcome to the board and please stick around!!

what he ^^^^^^^^ said
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    run your engine after you change the oil
    Doug

Was the engine running ? If you just turned the key without the engine running its normal for the light to be on.

Could a dirty fuel filter cause this or possibly O2 sensor?

Default "Service Required" after changing the batteries

Quote Originally Posted by csleaver View Post
    The service required display usually comes up when a sensor is out of range, not when the oil needs to be changed. It is like the check engine light in your car. If the cause of the ecm code is corrected, the display will reset after 3 heat/cooldown cycles (engine runs above 150 deg then below 100 deg, 3 times). Otherwise the only way to find out what the code is and to clear it is to hookup a computer with marine service software like rinda diacom. If you have a good indmar dealer in the area (supra,moomba,malibu,mastercraft) it is likely best to take it there to get it taken care of. Sometimes a bad exhaust temp sensor or even a bad speed/temp/depth triducer will cause this (or a number of other things). You won't know until you get it checked out.
    I have a 2008 Launch V21, I just replaced the batteries and the display is now showing a "Service Requires" I read that a way to reset the code is to run "3 heat/cooldown cycles (engine runs above 150 deg then below 100 deg, 3 times)", can someone please walk me through on how to run the cycles. Is it just to run the boat until it gets to 150 deg shut off and then let it cool down and run it again, and so on for 3 times? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by chambregui View Post
    I have a 2008 Launch V21, I just replaced the batteries and the display is now showing a "Service Requires" I read that a way to reset the code is to run "3 heat/cooldown cycles (engine runs above 150 deg then below 100 deg, 3 times)", can someone please walk me through on how to run the cycles. Is it just to run the boat until it gets to 150 deg shut off and then let it cool down and run it again, and so on for 3 times? Thanks!
    Yes. It happened on my 2007 years ago.

I’m not sure if the motor had to be warm or the motor just needed 3 cycled at proper voltage.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400