Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boat gone gone

Default Boat gone gone

Boat was beautiful. Yes even after sitting all those years we took it out again today and I skied. oil pressure great sooo nice. I have had boats all my life but somehow fell in love with this 86 soltare. so my son hooked it up today and on the way home I saw a boat passing us. It hit a tree and got wiped out. I will sell it in parts now as I mourn. Still have not figured out how to post pictures but can put pics on youtube or craigs list. while I have had some nice boats and am a pilot with nice planes, this boat hit my sweet spot, but now it is gone.

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Oh man, I hate to hear that. That's gotta suck. Well at least no one got hurt. Just kill your son.

I'm sending you a PM with my email, shoot me the pictures and I'll post them up.

Damn that sucks, I just poured a little beer on the ground for your boat. Another one gone to soon.

Default fast boat

Yea it was almost cool. I watched the boat pass me. I was on the concrete and it was on the side of the road in the grass. I was like amazed as it was going fast and straight and I began to think "wow I dont think it is even going to get damaged; then there was one tree further out and kaboom. But you are right it was a miracle that no one got hurt. and yea funeral services are Monday.

I am sorry for your loss.
    86 Saltare

Default thankyou

Quote Originally Posted by jasun View Post
    I am sorry for your loss.
    thanks for the note

Sorry to hear about your boat! Hopefully insurance $ will be able to buy you another one!
    Kevin

1993 Supra Sunsport
    5.8 351 HO PCM @ 285hp / PCM (40 A) 1.23:1
    Acme 422 Propeller 4 Blade 12.5 X 15.5 RH 1" Bore .105 cup
    Ballast: (2) 540 lb and (2) 350 lb Straight Line Launch Pad
    Wakeboard: CWB Absolute w/ Faction bindings / Surfboards: Hyperlite Coex & Broadcast

"Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should have accomplished with your ability." ~John Wooden

Default tbankhyou

Quote Originally Posted by kvand347 View Post
    Sorry to hear about your boat! Hopefully insurance $ will be able to buy you another one!
    No Insurance

Quote Originally Posted by rono View Post
    No Insurance
    Ouch! That has to add a little salt to the wound! Hopefully everything works out in the end. Very glad to hear no one was hurt.
    Kevin

1993 Supra Sunsport
    5.8 351 HO PCM @ 285hp / PCM (40 A) 1.23:1
    Acme 422 Propeller 4 Blade 12.5 X 15.5 RH 1" Bore .105 cup
    Ballast: (2) 540 lb and (2) 350 lb Straight Line Launch Pad
    Wakeboard: CWB Absolute w/ Faction bindings / Surfboards: Hyperlite Coex & Broadcast

"Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should have accomplished with your ability." ~John Wooden