Thread: Mariah advice

Hybrid View

Default Mariah advice

OK...... if you have been following any other threads of mine, you know that I am in the market for a early 90's Sunsport or Saltare. However, I have found a nice Mariah that needs nothing, but I want to know if you can surf behind a Mariah. I much prefer to surf over wakeboarding but also am interested to know if it puts out a decent wake. Any information is appreciated!!
    -Sam
    Last edited by swey; 04-30-2013 at 11:43 PM.

Yes, but I would continue my search for the perfect boat. The right one wil come along and when it does ponce on it. The ones which are priced to sell last a few hours...

2003 Supra Launch " Gravity Games Edition"
    Dodge ram CTD tow vehicles....

Can you surf? Yes.

Is it really a wave that you want to surf behind? No.

As a former Mariah owner, there is no way I'd consider that a surf boat. Wakeboarding sure, but not really a good wake for surfing. Even with 800lbs and 3 fat guys in the back. The boat nearly sank.

Ha. Thanks haugy. I just laughed out loud at your post and I greatly appreciate your bluntness. Does the Saltare put out a good surf wake?

Default Saltare surf wake..

Quote Originally Posted by swey View Post
    Ha. Thanks haugy. I just laughed out loud at your post and I greatly appreciate your bluntness. Does the Saltare put out a good surf wake?
    The Saltare definitely puts out a great surf wake, provided you get it weighted right. Unlike a boat like a Sunsport, it takes a bit of weight to "sink" the rear end to displace enough water to make a good wake. It took me a little bit of working last summer, but finally got it dialed in. I think I had 2200 lbs total and 2 other buddies and I were surfing a nice Starboard side wake, which is good for me being goofy footed. Also things like a good new prop helps clean up the wake, but have not sprung for on yet. Where your wake-plate is set.
    So, yes, the Saltare can make a great wake for surfing, and its a good time getting it figured out!

Can't speak for the Mariah...

See here for Sunsport and Saltare wake pics: https://forum.supraboats.com/showthr...1320-Surf-Pics
    Kevin

1993 Supra Sunsport
    5.8 351 HO PCM @ 285hp / PCM (40 A) 1.23:1
    Acme 422 Propeller 4 Blade 12.5 X 15.5 RH 1" Bore .105 cup
    Ballast: (2) 540 lb and (2) 350 lb Straight Line Launch Pad
    Wakeboard: CWB Absolute w/ Faction bindings / Surfboards: Hyperlite Coex & Broadcast

"Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should have accomplished with your ability." ~John Wooden