Default Why hasn't Supra made a new Comp

Ok so why hasn't Supra made a new Comp boat like they were known for in the 80's threw the 90's. They were rated No#1 for years and years. I mean look here top of the list still after years.

http://waterskimag.com/features/2010...sed-ski-boats/

I'm just asking why not?

Thanks

IMO its because as the ski market has been shrinking wake boarding and the larger more family friendly boats that go with it has taken most of the market. SC has the Moomba ski boat to fill the smaller ski market.

centurion_carbon_pro_lifestyle08.jpgcenturion_carbon_pro_running19.jpgcenturion_carbon_pro_wakes01.jpgI understand what your saying Michael, but I don't exactly agree. I don't think we would be seeing Centurion, Mastercraft, Nautique bring new Comp boats to the market every year. Centurion just released there new Comp that is amazing. I attached a picture for everyone to see. The Moomba is a cross over boat, dual purpose.

I just think that Supra needs to come back into the market of the Water Ski world. Just my two cents.

I think their last attempt with that was the LTS. I think it ended in 03' or 04' and sales were just week on them. They are just following market trends.

From my bit of experience with USA Waterski and whatnot, I think it becomes somewhat of a hassle for manufacturers to produce a ski boat. This is because true skiers prefer to have boats that are USA Waterski certified or whatever it's called for 3-event skiing. To do that, the manufacturer's have to jump through quite a few hoops and then to get exposure of the boat to the skier market they need to lease out promo boats and get them into anywhere from grass-roots events to major ski tournaments. People are just more inclined to to buy a ski boat that they see at a ski tournament over one that they don't for the same price.

Still good idea

Quote Originally Posted by SUPRA_ALLEGRO_LANE View Post
    Still good idea
    Ummmmmm, where the hell have you been?!?!?!?!?

centurion_carbon_pro_lifestyle08.jpgcenturion_carbon_pro_running19.jpgcenturion_carbon_pro_wakes01.jpgI understand what your saying Michael, but I don't exactly agree. I don't think we would be seeing Centurion, Mastercraft, Nautique bring new Comp boats to the market every year. Centurion just released there new Comp that is amazing. I attached a picture for everyone to see. The Moomba is a cross over boat, dual purpose.

I just think that Supra needs to come back into the market of the Water Ski world. Just my two cents.
    As a member of TT, I can tell you for certain that MC's fanbase is fed up with a boat thats 13 years old at the moment. The current 197 from MC dates back to hull designs from 2000 (or 01). The market is just small. The money right now is in the 150k dollar wake boat, not a 60k dollar ski tug. Sad, but true.
    Last edited by Zim; 04-25-2013 at 12:49 PM.

I'm going to have to disagree here.

Skiing is a very small market and getting smaller every year.

Wakeboarding and wakesurfing is what most people are into now. If not then they like the tower for stereo/asthetic purposes; they like the radical graphics wakeboard boats have; they also like the amount of people(family) that wakeboard boats can accommodate.