Default Boat newb audio question

In your guys honest opinion.... I'm balling on a budget and want a new head unit with aux input and a wired remote for the swim deck area. Currently have a supra 02 ssv launch and it has a kenwood head unit but the remote on rear doesn't work.

What are some good choices that will not break the bank?

Thanks
    Andy

I think you're limited to sony/alpine/clarion for transom remotes. Check out www.crutchfield.com and see what you like and then search eBay and sonicelectronix.com for prices....
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

A replacement remote. Does your current head unit not have aux input?
    2006 Supra 24SSV

thanks guys I will look into new ones in the mean time I am cleaning her as we speak and I will get under there and chase wires down.

You can also go with Pioneer. I have a car head unit with a marine transom remote :

Stéphane
    -----------------------
    1989 Supra Saltare

Quote Originally Posted by sp8race1010 View Post
    thanks guys I will look into new ones in the mean time I am cleaning her as we speak and I will get under there and chase wires down.
    I'd also just replace the transom remote. You can plug an auxillary cord into the "cd changer/sirius" radio port on the back. The cord costs about 12 bucks and works great.

http://www.amazon.com/IMC-Audio-CA-C...wood+aux+cable
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V

Default Boat newb audio question

Quote Originally Posted by Zim View Post
    I'd also just replace the transom remote. You can plug an auxillary cord into the "cd changer/sirius" radio port on the back. The cord costs about 12 bucks and works great.

http://www.amazon.com/IMC-Audio-CA-C...wood+aux+cable
    Ill look into this but my aux port on the face of the radio doesn't work. So there is no way to plug in iPod now. Looking like a new head unit and remote are to come.