You're correct on the ratings for my 1200w amp. That's why I was curious on the series parallel wiring when we were talking about resistors and my teacher had mentioned that it works the same with speakers. I knew with the speakers I wanted to run and just adding all them up would tell me how much wattage I would to push the speakers I would be able to get away with it on this amp.

I've been so busy I have not had time to look up how to tune your amp using the O-scope. I've asked my teacher and he would show me just that I would need to bring a 12V source that would be able to handle the amp. Just with classes going from 16wks to 8 wks it makes it such a rush there is no time to show me how to tune the amp. We have the O-scopes sitting there in the class room that I want to try and mess with my amp during our breaks. DVOM = digital volt meter correct? If so I've never seen anything posted up on using a volt meter.

As for the cross-over filter I have a low/full/and hi-pass setting on it. I have all my speakers set on the full setting right now when it comes to that cross over. I will adjust my 1 channel for the tower speakers to be at the setting you recommended. The interior right now are (2) 6.5's and (2) 6x9 speakers.