Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zim View Post
    That's an amazing area. The ski section of that lake isn't all that big... but big enough!
    It's actually tiny but beautiful.
    Function before fashion!

Quote Originally Posted by 2500HD View Post
    It's actually tiny but beautiful.
    Last year I was out there and we rented that X15 that the marina had for an afternoon to do some surfing and boarding. It was a great day. That boat was not propped correctly though. It had issues getting on plane with me wakeboarding behind it and 9 others in the boat. That shouldn't happen... probably just didn't have the right prop for altitude. I wish that was my home base haha.
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V

Sprayed the trailer with the flat black tonight.

2006 24SSV 8.1 Vortec

Then the wife arrived home for work, and I suggested we take the boat for a spin since I was done painting.

Boat is great since donny re did her. Very happy with the work. Still a lot to do. But I love her more than ever. My wife too!

Then we were talking about the fad of taking pictures of yourself with your phone.

2006 24SSV 8.1 Vortec

Trailer looks brand new!

Why does your tower always look crooked to me? Is it slightly askew?
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

It is askew. It wasn't tightened up real tight. And with the short dock I had to do some acrobatics to get the mooring cover back on and leaned way out on it and it shifted. I will get it right once I get it back home.
    2006 24SSV 8.1 Vortec

I have to thank you Daniel. I believe you were the first person I heard from here when I first posted. You calmed me down significantly. And you referred me to Donny Bennett. It has been a interesting journey over the last year. I bought the Pirata last February and have hustled to get it this far along. Working on the trailer is wearing me out. I can't imagine trying to to the stringers yourself. Those that have, are and will do it themselves have my respect.

The conversation with my wife about purchasing a boat is still clear in my head. I told her I would love to get one, but it had to be an inboard ski boat. And this was the only one I looked at. I probably should have looked around more, but it all worked out and I love the pirata.

The guys that go boarding with me thought I was crazy when I told them I had bought a boat. But now they love it almost as much as I do. Can't wait to try out all the new boards we got over the winter. Hopefully we will be hitting the water next week.
    2006 24SSV 8.1 Vortec

2011 242 Supra Launch
    Stereo
    Wet Sound 4 Rev10s on Tower
    Wet Sound 8- 6 1/2 In Boat
    2 Rockford 12" P3 Subs
    Ballast Upgraded rear Bags 2 1100 lb
    ACME 2079 prop
    Shadow-Caster SCM-10 Under-Water LED
    All Blue LED Interior Lights

Replaced the rubber on the trailer with diamond plate. Really improved the look.
    The rubber was coming off on some, and the ends were curling up. Sprayed with 3M Super 90 (or whatever their strongest adhesive is) to get by the end of last year. Pulled the pads and put 5200 on the rubber (white stuff in the rubber pic), but the sides still curled even though I had them clamped with boards. Pulled that up and put the diamond plate down with rivets.

DSCN0681.jpg DSCN0683.jpg
    2004 Supra Launch 22 SSV
    5.7L Indmar Assault
    "One More Hour"

Hey jzelt I have seen that diamond plate on other boats and like it alot. Where did you get it? Was it off the shelf or did you have someone cut them for you?
    1991 SunSport