Default In Need: Supra Canvas/cover for '08 21V

Hi everyone,

This season I am looking to pony up for a full pull-over/storage cover for my '08 Supra 21V. My boat came with the snap-on cover and it does a nice job but not a great job at keeping water out. I always have water collecting in the bow storage area where my locker ballast bag goes and typically by the next weekend when I use the boat it's all nasty and filmy in there from days of still water and heat sitting in there.

The problem I think that I face is there aren't a lot of canvas companies here in NJ that have a good deal of experience with wake boats, usually its the ocean type vessel or some sort of bowrider, so I'm wondering if anyone with a newer Supra has taken the chance at just placing an order with a company without them having the boat onsite to measure it. I got my snap-on from Custom Sew in Salt Lake City, UT where I purchased my boat, and I did talk with them but the guy said he'd really want my boat onsite for measurements.

Any suggestions that you folks have or advice you can recommend? I'm looking for a storage cover that would tighten up around the sides (gunnel) and back since I trailer the boat with cover to my riding location.

Thanks for all suggestions or help.

Justin
    2008 Supra Launch 21V - Currently for sale

I had one custom made from www.skiboatcovers.com

When I got it, it didn't fit correctly, I had to send it back and he made an adjustment and now it fits well. I got the waterline cover so it goes down quite a bit further to protect the sides.

Would recommend them, but would verify the measurements with them before they ship as although he said he had measurements for my boat, apparently they were off.
    He did fix it without questions, but it was a hassle sending

edit: I don't trailer with the cover on. He says they are made for that, but I tend to trailer without the cover or with just the snap on if I need it.
    Last edited by pap; 03-04-2012 at 06:12 PM.
    2009 21V

Justin,
    Try Skiboatcovers.com. My local dealer uses him instead of ordering the factory covers for many of the boats he sells. My '99 came with a cover from him, and it is still in great shape after 13 years. I have re water proofed it a few times, but other than that it has been great. The cover uses one draw string in the back and three poles, and that is it. Of course, if you want to tow with it you have to use additional straps.

Thanks for the suggestions, I am going to try both but skiboatcovers.com looks promising.
    2008 Supra Launch 21V - Currently for sale

Whoa! I don't know how that post of my ended up like that, I bought mine from skiboatcovers.com, NOT the link that was posted above (I just changed it). I don't even know that boat cover company. That is bizarre.

Again, I bought mine from skiboatcovers.com....
    2009 21V

We have your 2008 Supra 21V Factory OEM Mooring Cover ...
    Thank you,
    Captain Ross, RNR-Marine __________________________________________________ _____

I order from skiboat covers as well but never have I trailered with cover on!
    Always trailer with cover off!

Quote Originally Posted by RNR-Marine View Post
    We have your 2008 Supra 21V Factory OEM Mooring Cover ...
    How about a little more info? Spam?
    2003 Supra Launch 22SSV
    1986 Ski Natique 2001

RNR dredged up an old thread. nice work, lol.

Default In Need: Supra Canvas/cover for '08 21V

Quote Originally Posted by Salty87 View Post
    RNR dredged up an old thread. nice work, lol.
    Holy necro post right?
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski