Hybrid View

My current one is mechanical. I just got this guy from skidim . Maybe getting an electrical one would've been a good idea...

What electronic ignition did you out in? Most need a minimum voltage to trigger. Heat increases resistance. You maybe having a heat related coil issue. There cheap. Get one that is resistance spec'ed for the ignition.
    2003 Supra Launch 22SSV
    1986 Ski Natique 2001

I used this kit from skidim. If I remember right that would mean this ignition coil.

Looks like the coil comes with it. Make surethe installer removed the ballist resresistor. Additionally whars your thoughts on the hot discharge hose from your pump? Something sounds wrong here. That hose shoukd be cold. Water does not circulate here. It goes from the pump to the tstat housing an either goes into the block or out the exhaust manifold with no restriction.
    2003 Supra Launch 22SSV
    1986 Ski Natique 2001

My boat came with an electric fuel pump and it has always amazed me that it's worked. It's pretty small and doesn't seem like it would provide enough fuel, but I've never had an issue.

It looks exactly like this one -- http://www.ebay.com/itm/AIRTEX-E8337...a48eeb&vxp=mtr

It would be something cheap to try if you suspect that the problem is with your mechanical pump. I'd check your coil next time you have a problem, though. Maybe CornRickey is on to something.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

Vapor Lock maybe? Just my 2 cents.