So an update to my problem...as much information I have on it....

I have replaced all of the fuel lines (they definitely needed replacing).

After that, I was still having problems, I hooked up an external 6 gallon tank while on the water straight to the fuel pump (to see if I had a fuel pump problem or if gas wasn't getting out of the tank). This external tank had a priming bulb and I realized that the fuel pump was not supplying enough pressure. I took the fuel pump off and took it apart and it was actually in pretty rough shape. So i'd figured I would go ahead and replace it.

This weekend I had the same problem (however I did fix some fuel/throttle drop off issues while driving around). I drove around for about an hour or so. Then the boat started hesitating when I put it in forward and would sputter and die as soon as I tried to give it more throttle. I lifted the dog house and realized that the fuel pump was very warm, I thought I may be having a vapor lock problem. I planned for this and I brought a squirt water bottle to cool off the fuel pump, I kinda limped it along between wakeboard pulls by using this method. Sometimes it would actually let me accelerate and sometimes it would die on me.

Eventually I turned the engine off and sat around for about 20 minutes with the doghouse up to vent hot air out of there, It ran fine for a couple more hours.

The gas I was using was not ethanol-free, however I do add the prescribed amount of sta-bil to any gas that I put in that has ethanol in it.

I think the issue is that the doghouse is getting too hot. Either vapor lock or some kind of electrical problem where the additional heat is increasing resistance somewhere.

One time I just dropped the anchor and ran the boat in neutral for a while and the boat eventually cut off, this leads me to think that the general doghouse area is overheating (with no ventilation) and is causing engine shutoff by either fuel cutoff or some electrical demon.

Thoughts? Any and all are appreciated. I'd like to diagnose before I throw any more parts at it.