Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by DAFF View Post
    I have a vinyl cutter and a worker who does all my stuff. He is very picky and precise. Perhaps drop me a text with the dimensions and I'll see what we can do.
    That would be awesome to have available Daff. I'll see what I can do, the trick is how it tapers down in size the last 6 feet. It's a 2" wide stripe for the most part all the way down the boat, but then it tapers towards the bow. That's where it gets tricky. Getting them to taper down with the size and colors.

Hey haugy have you seen the wrapcut vinyl cutting tape. Check it out. You could do your stripes in on solid 2" piece and use this to cut them down those last 6 feet
    1990 Saltare 454 - less than 500 hours
    4 Polk audio DB 650
    10" JL Audio sub
    JL 250 amp
    Memphis 250 amp
    New interior

Quote Originally Posted by ibdealing07 View Post
    Hey haugy have you seen the wrapcut vinyl cutting tape. Check it out. You could do your stripes in on solid 2" piece and use this to cut them down those last 6 feet
    I don't know what that is, so I'll google it, thanks. I had that same revelation coming home today. Why not just get the stripes in the size I want, and then cut them down as it tapers. But that would be some precise cutting. I suck at arts and crafts.

Quote Originally Posted by haugy View Post
    I don't know what that is, so I'll google it, thanks. I had that same revelation coming home today. Why not just get the stripes in the size I want, and then cut them down as it tapers. But that would be some precise cutting. I suck at arts and crafts.
    I heard you were an under water basket weaving champ that represented the state of Tennessee in the national champions, therefore I am calling shenanigans on this claim.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

The wrap cut would do the precise cutting for you. Check it out. YouTube has a few good videos on it. I have never personally tried it but it looks like it works really good.
    4 Polk audio DB 650
    10" JL Audio sub
    JL 250 amp
    Memphis 250 amp
    New interior

Quote Originally Posted by ibdealing07 View Post
    The wrap cut would do the precise cutting for you. Check it out. YouTube has a few good videos on it. I have never personally tried it but it looks like it works really good.
    HOLY BALLS!!!!! That is awesome!!! That's friggin genius!!! Great find man, really great find.

Okay, so lets see if I can map this out in my head. I lay down a 2" thick vinyl dark charcoal. This will be the main stripe. I can run it up to the bow, and the last few feet I can have this wrap cut to help taper it down. Since the old out line of the old stripes are there I can lay them right down precisely. Then have 1/2" light gray as the top and bottom outer stripes. They will go right over the 2" stripe making it really only 1" wide when finished.

Same process, as it tapers down towards the bow, lay down the wrap cut to help taper down it's size. So realistically I'd need about 3" charcoal and 1" light gray so I can overlap and cut it down.

At $13.00 a roll I got that!

So now I need to get some vinyl cut to length and width. Should be easy to find someone who can print on 3m quality vinyl at 23' lengths at 3" and 1" wide straight, right?

I'm excited to see if this works.

Here is the video I watched:

http://youtu.be/Ozb0AOOYLbw

LOL That was the same reaction I had. Sounds like you have it figured out. I'm excited to see how well it works. From the videos its looks pretty awesome. I think any descent vinyl shop could make you some stripes. You may be able to find some good vinyl on ebay.
    4 Polk audio DB 650
    10" JL Audio sub
    JL 250 amp
    Memphis 250 amp
    New interior

Alright, I found a local guy who does boat wraps. Downside is he only does 52" wide sections by however long I want. But for the same price I was going to pay for just single stripes. So I'm loading up those 52 inches.

I'm putting two sets of stripes, and two sets of waves. Since I'm trying to ghost the effect, I'm going with what I think will show up just right, and a hair bit lighter just in case.

I hope to have something next week since I'll be finishing up the graphic tomorrow and the holiday. Then I get to try the cut tape.

How much is he going to charge for the 52" wide vinyl. I almost bought 75ft of matte orange vinyl to cover my blue with but decided to go back with the yellow supra wave. I like the idea of your ghost stripe.
    4 Polk audio DB 650
    10" JL Audio sub
    JL 250 amp
    Memphis 250 amp
    New interior

Default If you're bored......help me stripe the Saltare

Haugy hope they take care of you. Wraps is 90% of my business. Knifeless tape is awesome. I use it on almost every boat wrap I do. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask me. I'd gladly help you make sure your guy is getting you taken care of.

Jeff Rowland - Hygh Octane Graphics