Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Strange, they are both photobucket and they work on mine. First one is darker.

I thought about breaking the lines up using white. Not sure if that would make it stand out too much then. I like the subtle look.

Quote Originally Posted by haugy View Post
    Strange, they are both photobucket and they work on mine.

LOL -- Pretty sure he meant he couldn't see the stripe because there wasn't enough contrast.

I'd look into the costs of these before you get too far ahead of yourself. Doing this with two colors of vinyl is going to be expensive and a royal PITA to apply. Printing these in full color is going to be EXPENSIVE!

The first option is going to make it so you have very little flexibility about the color anyway, so not much sense in mocking it up.

The second option is going to make you check into your retirement account.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

Quote Originally Posted by wotan2525 View Post
    LOL -- Pretty sure he meant he couldn't see the stripe because there wasn't enough contrast.

That's one of the reasons I like it. It's there, but not noticeable till you get close or just right in the light. Yeah, I'm waiting on the vinyl lady who came by to take measurements to get me some numbers.

Haugy, looking at some other supras of our era ---many have just one single large stripe of one color.
    Ever thought of that?
    Ie just run a pms 404 or 403 black as a single stripe. Leave out the narrow stipe above and below.
    Do your wave in the same with clear between the outlines to pick up the black of your side hull.
    That would be very subtle I feel.

His Vinyl lady isn't going to have Pantone 403/404 vinyl -- she's going to have a black and maybe a couple of shades of grey.

Sign vinyl has a pretty small selection. It's impossible to color match unless you're a real pro. Here's a chart showing 3Ms selection.

Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

I would go with a flat black reflective stripe background with a gloss black detail in the foreground.....

2003 Supra Launch " Gravity Games Edition"
    Dodge ram CTD tow vehicles....

Looking for some very high res logos of the old stuff. Mine on file are too rough when you vector them. Oh ya the Tshirt vinyl came in the mail today.

I like subtle too, and might be able to go with the first option if reflective vinyl was used. Something to give it just a little more. Also would like to see that option with the wave in place. I think that might make a difference.

And I agree about the woodpecker and the aluminum pole reference. I just stuck with them because their pricing was so much better than others. The end result is a good product, but you have to babysit them through the whole production/purchase process.

1986 Saltare
    Restoration link: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7839

Quote Originally Posted by DAFF View Post
    I would go with a flat black reflective stripe background with a gloss black detail in the foreground.....
    Explain what you mean by the reflective...????

Quote Originally Posted by TitanTn View Post
    I like subtle too, and might be able to go with the first option if reflective vinyl was used. Something to give it just a little more. Also would like to see that option with the wave in place. I think that might make a difference.

And I agree about the woodpecker and the aluminum pole reference. I just stuck with them because their pricing was so much better than others. The end result is a good product, but you have to babysit them through the whole production/purchase process.
    The first image does have the Supra logo. It's that hard to see. But you have to remember in my photoshopping i'm battling fluorescent lights. I'm still leaning towards the subtle look over the lighter more visible look.

[QUOTE=haugy;93649]Explain what you mean by the reflective...????

The vinyl looks just like normal stuff but it has a sparkle added to it which is highly reflective. It costs a little bit but usually used for emergency vehicles and such and very high quality.