Default Oil Change and Water hook up!!! Need some Help

Hey Guys its that time of year again and I am wanting to get my boat out for the first time. I purchased my boat back in the Spring of last year. It is a 1990 supra Conbrio. I ran the boat last year and had the oil changed mid summer. I put maybe 10 easy hours on it then winterized it and put it up for the winter. I didnt change the oil in it myself but was wanting to do it before I take it out this year. Could someone help me on instructions on how to change the oil? Is there a drain plug or do I need to pump the oil out through the dip stick tube? Also I was wondering if there was a link with pictures? I am also wanting to learn a way to hook up a water hose so that I can run the boat. I have tried searching for ways to do this but I am not really finding any suggestions or pictures on how to do this. Could someone please help me out? I am new to most of this but I do have a little knowledge of engines and so forth when it comes to these things so I'm not a complete moron. I just ordered my electric ignition from skidim and new impeller for the year also. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for any guidence and I hope everyone is having a good preseason experience!

For the water, there is a few different options. Most prefer that the engine "suck" in water, rather than have a hose "push" it in. I don't think it makes a difference, but it's easy to set it up either way.

Pull the intake hose away from the intake grate on the bottom of the boat. You can just shove a hose into this tube and hose clamp it around it, and it will work just fine. This is def the cheapest/easiest method.

You can also add a hose fitting, or a T, or any kind of valve combination that you feel like. This is how mine is setup and saves me from having to disconnect anything but the hose in order to hook it up on land.

Once you get the water hooked up, you'll want to run the engine for 10-15 minutes and get the oil up to temperature. (Thin oil is WAAAY easier to suck.) Chances are you are going to have to suck it out of the dipstick (unless a previous owner added a remote drain... but... that's unlikely.) This kind of pump has worked the best for me (I have it mounted to the top of a bucket and can reverse it to pump the bucket back out into jugs.) But you could also use something like this or this. Spend some time at the hardware store getting the right fittings and the right size poly-vinyl tube to feed it into your oil pan.

Suck as much out as you can, put on a new filter, fill her back up and enjoy the satisfaction of a job well done!
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

have an 89 conbrio with the 351.
    in the center of your hull just in front of your engine is a large drain plug.
    Open it and drop down thru it the oil drain line that is connected to your oil pan. This line will have a fitting on the end of it.
    put your drain pan under the hull and centered under your oil line that is dropped down. Open the fitting and voila--your oil will drain out! Change your oil filter, button up the oil line when done draining and make sure to put the drain plug back in place!
    easy done!

Thanks a bunch Guys. I am going to check it out when I get home from work this afternoon. i'll Keep ya posted. And I have tried several times to add a photo to my profile but its not uploading. Hopefully I'll get some pictures up soon!

FLUSH-PRO 1.25"

I have an 89 Conbrio, I have a flush pro installed. Works great.

in the center of your hull just in front of your engine is a large drain plug.
    Open it and drop down thru it the oil drain line that is connected to your oil pan. This line will have a fitting on the end of it.
    put your drain pan under the hull and centered under your oil line that is dropped down. Open the fitting and voila--your oil will drain out! Change your oil filter, button up the oil line when done draining and make sure to put the drain plug back in place!
    easy done!
    +1
    '89 Conbrio

Quote Originally Posted by jwwalk View Post
    FLUSH-PRO 1.25"

I have an 89 Conbrio, I have a flush pro installed. Works great.

+1
    +2, very convenient