Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

After reviewing the entire thread the vast majority of posts are positive. I don't think its fair to condemn this forum as a bunch of haters.
    When you post on any forum you leave yourself open to the opinions of others . IMO the best part of this forum is the freedom to give an opinion good or bad . When someone gets out of line they usually get called out and smacked by the other members. I think you can see that in this thread.

THanks everyone for your kind words ! It was a lot of work...

Quote Originally Posted by 86 century View Post
    Good work on the paint.
    I think the teeth need a little red shading.
    Damn i knew someone will point this out ! we thought about this but at that time we were so tired to work on that, we were pleaused with our work and we sealed all the paint layer with a lot of clear coat... But i do love a lot the broken tooth on the starboard side !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
    How is the paint holding up? I want to paint my supra. I love that you had the balls to post it here lol. I think it looks sweet
    The paint is holding pretty well ! the only dent/scratch we have is from beiing to close of the boat one of our buddy and after a Tigé Z3 full loaded pass we had a little collision , is mostly a A letter in the SUPRA that took the impact but really nothing big !

Quote Originally Posted by Sdc77 View Post
    Joli travail cher cousin, ton bateau doit faire tourner les têtes !

I would also like to paint my boat, certainly in black (mostly because of the water color on the hull at the end of the season ...)
    Keep posting man. What about interior upgrades ?
    Merci beaucoup !! Indeed the boat make head turn quite a lot !! especially the kids they love it , actually a shy kid one day came to us and ask if we were some pirates ? don't know why but it was pretty funny !! As for interior upgrade it will be are spring project ! For now we have some Subwoofer and amps , and i'm actually building a 4 speaker enclosure in fiber glass (http://bierbower.net/diytower/pdfs/F...SpeakerBox.pdf)

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Hey dude I think it looks great and it definatly gets tons of attention. The supra sticker looks sweet! You should tint the windows to match the black.
    Thanks! we do get a lot of attention and we do get recognise a lot to so i have to keep my frien under control . We will gonna tint the windows in a dark color and a friend said that we should make a design to make some kind of eyes on the side wondows but i'm not sure about that !!

Quote Originally Posted by 87SunSportMikeyD View Post
    Oliver, your boat looks awesome! Don't pay any attention to these rude boaters. I'm sad that they cant simply be adults and keep it to themselves. But it's nothing new here...
    Thanks Mikey ! At some point i did pay to much attention on some comments and they get a bit under my skin haha !! But it's my toy and i'll do whatever i want with... Btw you are our principal source of info and inspiration since we discovered those old fantabolous boats ready to be pimped !!
    And last summer we built a wood surf gate prototype on the Sunsport and it is amazing the difference it makes(pretty much double the wake) , we will make a real setup for the next summer with electric/hydraulic trim actuator or a manualy quick install setup to be able to change sports rapidly. Our wood prototype was quite long to install/uninstall... And if everything works properly easy to install and not to expensive, i think we gonna make some ready to install package and sell it here for other member at leats SUnsport owner (the price it cost to make + shipping , not here to make any profit..but more for sharing with other enthousiast)
    Last edited by olivier_20; 01-13-2014 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by michael hunter View Post
    After reviewing the entire thread the vast majority of posts are positive. I don't think its fair to condemn this forum as a bunch of haters.
    When you post on any forum you leave yourself open to the opinions of others . IMO the best part of this forum is the freedom to give an opinion good or bad . When someone gets out of line they usually get called out and smacked by the other members. I think you can see that in this thread.
    Sir you are 100% right , people have the right to give their opinion even if they aren't really kind !! Some forum cars make me save a lot of money for changing parts explanation or for tuning advice.... a well used Forum can be an infinite source of infos (how to,diy,plan,pics,videos....)

Quote Originally Posted by olivier_20 View Post
    THanks everyone for your kind words ! It was a lot of work...

Damn i knew someone will point this out ! we thought about this but at that time we were so tired to work on that, we were pleaused with our work and we sealed all the paint layer with a lot of clear coat... But i do love a lot the broken tooth on the starboard side !!!

The paint is holding pretty well ! the only dent/scratch we have is from beiing to close of the boat one of our buddy and after a Tigé Z3 full loaded pass we had a little collision , is mostly a A letter in the SUPRA that took the impact but really nothing big !

Merci beaucoup !! Indeed the boat make head turn quite a lot !! especially the kids they love it , actually a shy kid one day came to us and ask if we were some pirates ? don't know why but it was pretty funny !! As for interior upgrade it will be are spring project ! For now we have some Subwoofer and amps , and i'm actually building a 4 speaker enclosure in fiber glass (http://bierbower.net/diytower/pdfs/F...SpeakerBox.pdf)

Thanks! we do get a lot of attention and we do get recognise a lot to so i have to keep my frien under control . We will gonna tint the windows in a dark color and a friend said that we should make a design to make some kind of eyes on the side wondows but i'm not sure about that !!

Thanks Mikey ! At some point i did pay to much attention on some comments and they get a bit under my skin haha !! But it's my toy and i'll do whatever i want with... Btw you are our principal source of info and inspiration since we discovered those old fantabolous boats ready to be pimped !!
    And last summer we built a wood surf gate prototype on the Sunsport and it is amazing the difference it makes(pretty much double the wake) , we will make a real setup for the next summer with electric/hydraulic trim actuator or a manualy quick install setup to be able to change sports rapidly. Our wood prototype was quite long to install/uninstall... And if everything works properly easy to install and not to expensive, i think we gonna make some ready to install package and sell it here for other member at leats SUnsport owner (the price it cost to make + shipping , not here to make any profit..but more for sharing with other enthousiast)

do you have any pics of your wood gate?

i'll take a couple and send them back. It's definately not good looking (Ghetto style) but extremely effective !!

Some people like original (me included) but i also like custom, sometimes it works, sometimes not. Its true to say the beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I personally like it, the whole thing looks great. Its not something i would have thought of and thats the point isnt it, its called imagination and having the cahoona's to put it into action...so well done mate.

As for the point made earlier about *its what we can afford*, well i tend to disagree with that a little, I have a 92 Supra Comp, and i still think it is one of the best proper tournament boats ever made even to this date. As for its looks....it simply cannot be beaten, all others (other than the Flightcraft) look blocky and unimaginative, where as the Supra Comp is sleek and low. I could have afforded a fairly new Nautique but went for the Comp as its a boat i always wanted to own, the only other that has caught my eye is the Carbon Pro from Centurion as it is functional and imho a good looking boat. Forget MasterCraft, Nautique and the other mainstream Lego block designed boats.....I love my Supra, it always gets looks at the lakes because it stands out from the rest.

Well done for being creative Oliver.

Oh and my only real gripe would be

WHY MAKE IT QUIET

I like the sound of a proper V8 under load and WOT, its pure music to the ears of any petrolhead haha.
    Im actually looking to ditch the muffler system on the TS6 and go mad on a stainless straight through system

Music in a boat is like putting loud music on and closing the windows when driving an Aston Martin through a tunnel.....IT MAKES NO SENSE, turn the music off and listen to the imperfect burble of the great V8 soundtrack, conversation can wait until you pick up the next rider
    Last edited by UKandH; 06-10-2015 at 07:41 AM.