Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Well...........that's one way to make sure it stays yours forever. You might want to put the HVLP gun down.

Quote Originally Posted by wotan2525 View Post
    Before the old timers come in.... I just want to say that, I LOVE THIS!!
    I'd add some rounding/shading to the teeth but that's just me. You had a real artist work on your boat. When does he want to come do mine?
    Who are you, and where the hell is Wotan?
    Last edited by haugy; 05-21-2013 at 10:43 AM.

well.... to each his own I suppose!
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V

Quote Originally Posted by haugy View Post
    Well...........that's one way to make sure it stays yours forever. You might want to put the HVLP gun down.

Who are you, and where the hell is Wotan?
    hahah! I just like that it's different. I've seen enough wraps with skulls and nautical compasses. This is unique, creative, and well executed.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

What kind of paint did you use

Oliver how did the velvet drive rebuild go ? the boat looks great !! base coat clear coat i suppose ? keep up the pics !!
    LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO BE LIVELY

Quote Originally Posted by lively View Post
    Oliver how did the velvet drive rebuild go ? the boat looks great !! base coat clear coat i suppose ? keep up the pics !!
    Hi M. Lively ! the tranny work like a charm now in both direction ! the hard part was to remove and put back the tranny itself the rebuilt was easy , thanks again !

The paint we use is from an industrial shop paint from someone i know , it'S not base coat+clear... i can't remember exaclty the name of that paint but it stick really well,pretty hard and the color is guarantee for 25 years so... I know some people escpecially here would keep the boat OEM but that's not us i like tuning and custom thing even my forester XT is now way more fun to drive than an a STi !!

Thanks all for your comments .
    Last edited by olivier_20; 06-02-2013 at 08:51 PM.

New Pics !! Our new stickers !! swimplate bracket + venturi exhaust in powder coat flat black and swimplate mod (teak oil delete = haters gonna hate)...

Last edited by olivier_20; 06-03-2013 at 06:07 PM.

We were extremely pissed off the old fade teak wood that we have to oil , every 3-4 weeks.....
    So PLASTI DIP to go !! Sorry for the purist !!

Last edited by olivier_20; 06-03-2013 at 06:19 PM.

ngavdba -- I think he has the tag on the back not out of requirement, but out of a nod to the boats past. I like it. It gives it a "rat rod" look. Very unique and I dig when you've got the original items (in this case the original trailer tag from its original state.)

The good thing about plastidip is that it can be peeled off. I like the black look but also agree that properly maintained teak will last longer. He's not causing any damage with this -- the wood is still underneath and is probably better off now than it was before. Think we can make an argument that he's just saving/protecting the teak?
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

i cringed when i saw the teak too but it does go better with the new look. i like the dripping supra letters. even the mouth/teeth are growing on me.

nice job on the exhaust.

looking forward to seeing some on the water pics. i'm sure you're going to turn some heads.