Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Well I think Ngavdba summed it up nicely for me. I'd swear it looks like I stole his login and jumped on his computer.

Personally I think you can't make it look any worse, so go for it. I think some Unicorns on the back would look awesome. Kind of like the shark eating you, and then it poops out unicorns. Or rainbows.

By the way, the rusting hose clamps are such a nice "custom" touch..........
    Last edited by Jetlink; 06-05-2013 at 03:11 PM.

after some thought on the subject, i think i would get upset if someone told me that all the sweat i put into my boat was pointless and stupid. i know i have put a ton of work into my boat. if it does what you want it to, then good on ya. its just not in my personal taste. i apologize if my comment was a little out of line.
    Last edited by villain; 06-05-2013 at 09:41 PM.

As a rule of thumb when you buy something you make it your own and you have done that. It has kinda grown on me and i like it. So for anyone saying it doesn't look good or it should be crapping out unicorns i say piss on em. personal taste is just that, personal. You have done a great job with the paint and the exhaust and you should be proud of your work. People on these kind of forums should remember that it's the quality of work that matters not if it's red, green or pink. As a side note i would replace the rusty clamps with new ones......Come on they are cheap.
    I had to do an edit on my post because i don't wan't to bash anyone. It's just that when someone posts their hard work and pride and joy up and people rag on it because it's not their taste or what they would do it pisses me off and it's a lack of common courtesy........I'll stop my rant now, thanks
    Last edited by 2500HD; 06-04-2013 at 10:04 PM.
    Function before fashion!

gotta admit, that's pretty good. Might have to get one for my saltare!
    Function before fashion!

I pulled it. I've made my point.

Quote Originally Posted by haugy View Post
    I pulled it. I've made my point.
    Your point was mute.....funny but mute.
    Function before fashion!

No, it clearly stated the owner can take a ribbing, in fact he's egging it on. I made a funny to keep it just that, funny and light. Don't over think it.

oh come on ladies lets not get are panties in a wad ! lol ha ha .. hell i thought the teak was spray painted . but however its cool " something different" just not my style .. but i like when my wife shows me her tits and tells me everything will be ok ha hA .. so All is good i guess
    LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO BE LIVELY

Quote Originally Posted by olivier_20 View Post
    Hey guys ! me and my buddy have made a new paint job on our 1986 Supra Sunsport and we are more than pleased with the result !!! We have planed to slowly restore/upgrade the boat so last year we made a big engine maintenance+ venturi exhaust + tranny restoration but this year we were pissed of the old fade paint we have to compound every summer.... We found a name for our Supra and it's Le Sharkcuteur !! (it's a wordplay french/english name with it's style and it mean : butcher !!) So here a bunch of pics of our entire process from pretty much the begining to couple days ago , we still have a lot to do before we launch it in the water !!
    So that's it for now !! i'll keep updating new pics when we will receive our new vinyl lettering & all removed parts back in place !!

See yah guys !!
    Thanks man ! yeah the teeth was a hard part and it was so long to do that we decide to do some ''standard'' teeth and only 2 broken one instead of playing with shade and forms. The bottom gum ans most part of the teeth should be in water but when we gonna move all the mouth will come out off water. We put a lot of hours into this and we are proud of what we've done. We had no choice to share that we all of you guys !!
    Hi M. Lively ! the tranny work like a charm now in both direction ! the hard part was to remove and put back the tranny itself the rebuilt was easy , thanks again !

The paint we use is from an industrial shop paint from someone i know , it'S not base coat+clear... i can't remember exaclty the name of that paint but it stick really well,pretty hard and the color is guarantee for 25 years so... I know some people escpecially here would keep the boat OEM but that's not us i like tuning and custom thing even my forester XT is now way more fun to drive than an a STi !!

Thanks all for your comments .
    Quote Originally Posted by haugy View Post
    No, it clearly stated the owner can take a ribbing, in fact he's egging it on. I made a funny to keep it just that, funny and light. Don't over think it.
    What part of this makes you think he was looking for ribbing? And no i'm not over thinking it.
    Function before fashion!

Quote Originally Posted by ngavdba View Post
    HD2500, you forgot HATERS GONNA HATE in All RED CAPS? That's not egging it on? I made my point in earlier post which foreshadowed this argument.

Both of you made your point as well. One of you likes it and the other doesn't. One is defending the poster and the other tried to make funny. Now, it's just gonna be a boring read.

I bet Mr. Le Sharkboat is champing at the bit (pun intended) to respond to Haugy and this is his thread where he posted on the internet for all to see and comment, so please let him do so and defend himself. I appreciate the fact you are trying to help, but as you can see it will only escalate as it normally does.

Enough said.

Thank you.
    You sir are correct on all points. I'll shut my trap now.
    Function before fashion!