Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default supra ballast won't fill

Last weekend we went out with our 4 month old 06 sunsport 24v with wakeboard package and we surfed on goofy side with ballast. Once we switched to regular the ballast wouldn't fill. If you turned the boat off you could hear the pump working on right and bow but left rear you didn't hear a thing. Is this common? What's wrong? What should we do?

Default Replying to Topic 'supra ballast won't fill'

Well, since the ballast all works off of the same fill pump, I'd say the pump is fine but you probably have an electrical problem with the solenoid or switch for you left rear bag. I had a similar problem with the front bag and noticed when it happened that the light on the switch was not working at the time either. Do the other bags fill when you can hear the pump is running?

wakedude,
    sounds like it is just a priming issue... very easy....
    Get the boat up on plane and then turn your ballast on to fill. See if that is it. Some times it takes a little pressure and when you are on plane it will do that. Sometimes I turn my switches on and off while on plane and it will get it primed and ready to roll. They will fill a lot quicker when you are on plane also. Hope that is the problem otherwise you will have to keep searching for your prob or take it to your dealer. Good luck.....

Sounds like a priming issue. If so very easy...
    Get the boat up on plane and then turn on your fill switches. That should prime the pump and get it going. I sometimes flip the switches on and off once on plane and they get going. Your bags will fill much quicker while on plan anyway. Good luck.

Yes our other ballast bags do fill. If we turn on the right you hear the pump. but like i said on left you cannot hear a thing.

thanks diggs we will try it

if the other bags are filling it would not be the pump needing to be primed cause the same pump should fill all of them. Check the connection and make sure it has not been pinched or something. Sometimes the bags get out of position and can pinch or kink the hose. check that.... good luck

I'll say it again. If the pump runs when you turn your other bags on but you can not hear it run on one bag. It is electrical. Something in the switch and wiring for the bag in question is not turning the pump on and not energizing the solenoid and opening it for that bag.

Thanks but one difference is our light for switch does turn on.

I have the same problem on my Sunsport 24 V. The two rear ballasts will fill properly, but the front will not. This is a brand new boat and the dealer suggested that it is a solenoid issue, I'll have them look at it when I have my 20 hour check done.
    2005 Sunsport 24 V

340hp
    Playpen *and* Step Cooler
    2x JL Audio 12w4s
    3 Pioneer Amps
    Roswell Cans and LED Light Bar
    Speaker Sox
    Martini Flag