Thread: power surge

Default power surge

I just bought a new supra launch 20, and I'm having a problem with it losing power and then picking up again as I accerate. Any ideas as to why????????????

Default Replying to Topic 'power surge'

Is there any chance it has the original fuel from the factory.

The 1st time I took my new boat out even after I topped it off the tank it ran like crap for a bit. My guess it was the gas that was already in the engine and fuel line. Once I ran it a bit, no problem and has been great since.

Also could you have had perfect pass on. I have accidently left it on after a session and then take off for the ramp and wow to a slow speed.

db

More info please. What engine size. EFI or carb Do they even make em with carbs anymore? The more detail you give us, the more likely someone will be able to help you out. Is it new or new to you. If its brand new, let the steale fool with it. Thats what warranties are for.

DKJ
    1992 Supra Mariah - Red
    PCM 351HO 285hp - PCM 1.23:1 Transmission
    OJ XMP 4 Blade CNC 13x15.5RH

"People do weird things to boats" -Unknown

dude,

he said it was new.

my boat will do that when using PP if i have very little ballast or bodies up front and a bunch in the rear.

John

Make sure your Perfect Pass is turned off...
    My dog is worried about the economy because Alpo is up to $3.00 a can.
    That's almost $21.00 in dog money. - Joe Weinstein

Make sure you check your belt to make sure it is tight after you use it a while, does it happen right away when the engine is cool over night, or does it get worse after you use it a while.

I think I could be a service consultant, because everything possible has happened to my new Supra Gravity Games 24, I have had it 14 weeks now, and I hate this boat and Skiers Choice won't stand up and take care of THEIR problem. I have never had a time I could use it two weeks in a row yet. Any advise?

Make sure you check your belt to make sure it is tight after you use it a while, does it happen right away when the engine is cool over night, or does it get worse after you use it a while.

I think I could be a service consultant, because everything possible has happened to my new Supra Gravity Games 24, I have had it 14 weeks now, and I hate this boat and Skiers Choice won't stand up and take care of THEIR problem. I have never had a time I could use it two weeks in a row yet. Any advise?