Is it a teleflex part number 15420?
    (20' length?)
    05' Launch 22SSV
    Saepe Expertus - Semper Fidelis - Fratres Aeterni

Skidim verified - number is good...
    now, how big a PIA is this job?
    05' Launch 22SSV

I undid the 8 screws holding the floor down and removed the panels, unhook the "steering support tube" from the block and unhook the rudder. (You could prob save 15 mins if you don't pull the floor, but it allows you to see if they zip tied the cable to hoses etc).

Tie a small rope to the end of the old, disconnect from the steering wheel and pull thru the opening.
    Tie the rope to the new, bend/flex the end to get it thru the 90 deg. hole, pushing the cable and pulling the rope at the same time. (Helps to have someone help).

1-2 hrs tops.

While it is out, I recommend drilling and threading a zerk grease fitting into the support tube to allow you to put grease easier. Probably the last time you would need to replace the cable.

Also, before you tighten/fasten everything back up, make sure you route the cable where it needs to go. (on the bottom of the v-drive/hoses etc).

For the first ride out after replacing, make sure you hold the steering wheel because you aren't going to believe how easy a new cable turns.
    2004 Supra Launch 22 SSV
    5.7L Indmar Assault
    "One More Hour"

Thanks for the advice - but... you are saying that the rack part under the helm can be disconnected from the cable? - I was wondering how in the heck i was gonna snake that dealie thru the boat... but if it comes off this should be cake and pie!
    05' Launch 22SSV

The rack disconnects from the steering column, but stays attached to the cable, everything is pulled toward the bow. I see how my shorthand got confusing.
    2004 Supra Launch 22 SSV
    5.7L Indmar Assault
    "One More Hour"

so i do gotta pull that mutha thru... whew... i guess LOL! If ya'll see a boat at Tenkiller with the steering cable duct taped outside the boat - it may be me!
    05' Launch 22SSV

If you haven't done this yet, you pull the entire old cable to/toward the steering wheel side, and fish all the new cable back thru the hole to the rudder side. The rack doesn't go thru anything.
    2004 Supra Launch 22 SSV
    5.7L Indmar Assault
    "One More Hour"

Got it done last night... aside from hacksawing the old cable, removing the drivers seat and opening up access all the way forward to underneath the drivers side bow under seat storage- it went pretty easy...and yup- on the trailer anyway you can blow on the steering wheel and it turns easy! there's only about 4 feet of unseen area under the floor on this rig where the cable is routed..not to bad- just had to coerce the end thru with a ratchet handle- access hole was a little tight...
    05' Launch 22SSV

Great job!
    2004 Supra Launch 22 SSV
    5.7L Indmar Assault
    "One More Hour"

Default Access Hole Under Dash too Tight

Quote Originally Posted by Tim405 View Post
    Got it done last night... aside from hacksawing the old cable, removing the drivers seat and opening up access all the way forward to underneath the drivers side bow under seat storage- it went pretty easy...and yup- on the trailer anyway you can blow on the steering wheel and it turns easy! there's only about 4 feet of unseen area under the floor on this rig where the cable is routed..not to bad- just had to coerce the end thru with a ratchet handle- access hole was a little tight...
    The steering cable has a long rod attached to the end connected to the rudder. How did you manage to feed that through the access hole under the dash. Picture of my access hole and steering cable is attached. I don't see how it's possible to pull that shaft/nut end up through such a tight area. I can see it working hack sawing this end off, but then how do you plan putting the new one through there? There seems to be too many wires and hoses to accommodate the space required to fish that rod end of the steering cable through.
    Attached Images Attached Images