Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by wotan2525 View Post
    That looks pretty good! Any chance there are some shallow spots there? When my wave starts to wash like that it means that it's less than ~8ft deep.

Also -- We'd get a ticket in a hot minute if we were sitting on the sun pad. Our river is heavily patrolled and they never have anything better to do than pull me over for a "safety check."
    Ours isn't quite as heavily patrolled and we were basically out on that section by ourselves. Water was so smooth (for a river)! But yeah, I'm kind of doing a *facepalm* because he was doing that and it makes me nervous to post that up. In OR, you can do that if you're under 5mph or if you have "adequate railing". (I hadn't read the specifics of the regulation until today, so I really didn't know about the legality, but kinda figured it wasn't really that smart). Somehow I don't think they would consider my railings "adequate". Doh!

As far as the depth, probably did get into some sections like that. I'm still waiting on a o-ring to finish the installation of my in hull transducer. But it's quite common for it to be 15 feet or less. I'm sure we'll probably go EEK when we get the depth gauge working and get a real idea of what we've been riding in!
    Last edited by trayson; 08-08-2013 at 11:57 AM.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, and more mods to come...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    This may be a dumb question, but how do you get a bag under the cooler? I have no clue how to access the bilge area under the storage lockers. And how would you fill/empty it?
    When I did my rebuild, I opened it up under there instead of it being closed in and filled with foam. I also put a 20" square hatch in the floor right in front of the motor. I can literally crawl down inside the bilge under the cooler. It's enough room to hold a 500# bag if I got one big enough to fill the entire space under there.

Quote Originally Posted by Okie Boarder View Post
    When I did my rebuild, I opened it up under there instead of it being closed in and filled with foam. I also put a 20" square hatch in the floor right in front of the motor. I can literally crawl down inside the bilge under the cooler. It's enough room to hold a 500# bag if I got one big enough to fill the entire space under there.
    It's a supra with a cuddy!

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    Ours isn't quite as heavily patrolled and we were basically out on that section by ourselves. Water was so smooth (for a river)! But yeah, I'm kind of doing a *facepalm* because he was doing that and it makes me nervous to post that up. In OR, you can do that if you're under 5mph or if you have "adequate railing". (I hadn't read the specifics of the regulation until today, so I really didn't know about the legality, but kinda figured it wasn't really that smart). Somehow I don't think they would consider my railings "adequate". Doh!

As far as the depth, probably did get into some sections like that. I'm still waiting on a o-ring to finish the installation of my in hull transducer. But it's quite common for it to be 15 feet or less. I'm sure we'll probably go EEK when we get the depth gauge working and get a real idea of what we've been riding in!
    WOW my only bad prop strike was up on your side of the river ... there are some weird and shallow areas all over up there....been scared to go back because this boats prop and shaft would cost a lot more then my mercruzer one did!
    2012 20SSV

Quote Originally Posted by wotan2525 View Post
    That looks pretty good! Any chance there are some shallow spots there? When my wave starts to wash like that it means that it's less than ~8ft deep.
    ."
    So, I got the depth gauge installed and YES, if we drop below 10 feet deep I can tell it affects my wave. basically the shallower water makes the wave break and get all foamy and smaller. Yuck.

Here are some new pics of the wave with just the 3 sacks (one under seat and the other two doubled up on the port side.

If we had relatively smooth water and over 10 feet of depth, I could easily freeride while air guitaring to Van Halen's Hot for Teacher on the new tower speakers!

And the other morning when it was just me and my buddy with my 7 year old flagging, we added the small bag to the rear center.

And NO bow weight. It kills my push. I had one evening where we had 3 little kids (under 200 pounds) in the bow and it killed my wave to the point where I couldn't freeride).

Default Help me optimize the ballast for my 92 Sunsport DD for a surf wake.

What sacs you run now? That looks like a ton of water.

Quote Originally Posted by villain View Post
    What sacs you run now? That looks like a ton of water.
    370 pound tube sack on the port floor.
    750 sack on top of that.
    200 - 250 under rear seat.
    Option for another 150 of needed rear center.

Default Help me optimize the ballast for my 92 Sunsport DD for a surf wake.

Imma have to play with my new wake plate cause I usually use a 450 starboard side, 1450 port side, 450 ski locker, 450 across the bow, and how ever much I can fill right behind the motor. Wave is huge, but short. I'm hoping that the new plate will help that out.

Trayson -- Looks awesome! I also tell people.... just add more weight!

Where's your wakeplate? If you haven't messed with it, moving it down will lengthen that wave a little bit and still give you good push.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.