Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

the picture doesn't do the wave justice
    Function before fashion!

Yeah, I am following ask the diy surf gate stuff. Probably going to let it develop some before I jump onboard. With a fiberglass swim platform with the metal rail, a quick diy attachment wouldn't be quite so easy as those of you with Teak...
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, and more mods to come...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

Also -- do you know how to surf? It took me almost an entire season of blaming my wake and then I finally realized I just didn't know how to "catch" the wave. It's hard for beginners!!
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

Quote Originally Posted by wotan2525 View Post
    Also -- do you know how to surf? It took me almost an entire season of blaming my wake and then I finally realized I just didn't know how to "catch" the wave. It's hard for beginners!!
    Well, I wouldn't say I'm spectacular, but I've surfed a handful of times. Obviously, my experiences where I would ride the wake were on sweet v-drive boats. I learned behind a b52 v3. And a couple weeks ago I demo'd a couple boards behind a loaded g23. Talk about a dream wake.

But then again, maybe if I can only ride fantastic boat wakes w/o the rope, then maybe I do suck!

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

Played some more with my setup. Tried speeds around 11.

I put the tube sack behind the engine.
    i still had the sack under the rear seat and the big 20*20*50 beside the dog house.

Had this bag in the cooler.

Can't really see in the picture, but the water line at rest was 1/2 way between the swim platform and the rub rail on the rear corner.

I am hoping to get some action shots soon from a friend that was in the boat.

Adding more weight and lengthening out the pocket. It also helped when I actually dropped back far enough to finally get in the p pocket. I am thinking that maybe my board its making it harder on me... I am riding an older 4 '9 " broadcast that I got cheap on craigslist. At 165, maybe a bit longer board wouldn't hurt. I do have to fight burying the nose with this one...

looks like your getting there. I think the board is probably ok, i ride a 5 foot cwb ride and i'm 200lbs. It's probably just a matter of time on the board and foot placement. You may want to try the weight all on one side versus straight across. You can do this by draping a bag up the seat and onto the sundeck ski locker.
    Function before fashion!

Quote Originally Posted by 2500HD View Post
    looks like your getting there. I think the board is probably ok, i ride a 5 foot cwb ride and i'm 200lbs. It's probably just a matter of time on the board and foot placement. You may want to try the weight all on one side versus straight across. You can do this by draping a bag up the seat and onto the sundeck ski locker.
    Yeah, definitely trial and error. But I was sure stoked when I was able to catch the wave and ride it some w/o being pulled by the rope.

Quote Originally Posted by kvand347 View Post
    Trayson--can you pull that bag to the side for me and take some pics of what the PO did to the supports under the bench seat? Mine have framing under each cross bar so that my bench has 3 separate storage compartments.
    Kevin, I finally got you that pic of the removal of the dividers on the rear seat.

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    Yeah, definitely trial and error. But I was sure stoked when I was able to catch the wave and ride it some w/o being pulled by the rope.
    Fun ain't it!
    Function before fashion!

Quote Originally Posted by 2500HD View Post
    Fun ain't it!
    I love it. I'm hooked for sure. I figure that I've got around 1,200 to 1,400 pounds in water ballast. And it made the wife happy to know that she was integral (driving) to me having a blast. And it's spectacular to have an on the water activity that you can get away with doing when the water isn't "wakeboard perfect". This morning, I found some good, smooth water and did a wakeboard session. Then we cruised around and window shopped at all the local houseboats... Then, why not get some surf in.

I've REALLY got to get the quick connects dialed in. Screwing my pump onto the bags is annoying. And really the time it took to fill and drain the bags was no biggie for my wife and our friends--as they didn't even get in the water, so float time is fun time for them.