Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by wotan2525 View Post
    Trayson -- Looks awesome! I also tell people.... just add more weight!

Where's your wakeplate? If you haven't messed with it, moving it down will lengthen that wave a little bit and still give you good push.
    I haven't touched it. It's all the way up... What do you suggest? Line an inch down or something?
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, and more mods to come...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

I run mine all the way down. It kills your wakeboard wake but makes the surf wave awesome!
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

Default Help me optimize the ballast for my 92 Sunsport DD for a surf wake.

Looks good man! Wish I had the free time to play on the water lately. Been busier than a one legged man In a butt kicking contest the last month!

I'm planning a weekend with the wife to come check out the Portland area mid next month. You mind maybe showin us around one day? Planning on being in town the 14-16.

Looking for reasons why that area is a good place to move to in a year or so.

Quote Originally Posted by villain View Post
    Looks good man! Wish I had the free time to play on the water lately. Been busier than a one legged man In a butt kicking contest the last month!

I'm planning a weekend with the wife to come check out the Portland area mid next month. You mind maybe showin us around one day? Planning on being in town the 14-16.

Looking for reasons why that area is a good place to move to in a year or so.
    I am sure we could carve out some time. What types of things would peak your interest? Cool restaurants? Happy hour spots? Brew pubs? Local sites and stuff?

She is into broadway type stuff. And i usually enjoy shows with her. We both long board allot, me more than her. Sometimes 50 miles a weekend. love the water sometimes I think we do more than we should, authentic food, local gems most tourists and even some residents don't know of. Me and my buddy ( if he comes) like micro brews and small pubs.
    Just trying to get a feel for new places to live.
    We have spent some time on the delta in Cali, but its just to damn big. Thinking Portland area, moving more south, or just picking up and moving to Florida

That would be awesome if you could take some time for us. Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by villain View Post
    She is into broadway type stuff. And i usually enjoy shows with her. We both long board allot, me more than her. Sometimes 50 miles a weekend. love the water sometimes I think we do more than we should, authentic food, local gems most tourists and even some residents don't know of. Me and my buddy ( if he comes) like micro brews and small pubs.
    Just trying to get a feel for new places to live.
    We have spent some time on the delta in Cali, but its just to damn big. Thinking Portland area, moving more south, or just picking up and moving to Florida

That would be awesome if you could take some time for us. Thanks in advance!
    You should check out this place. It's about 100 miles from here, and it's literally right off the gorge. you'd pass within a couple miles of it as you go on I-84. It's Called Maryhill Loops Road and it's a private road owned by a museum. I rent it with my BMW club each year. It's the rage for longboarders... It's just off the junction of Hwy 97.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=mary...w=1718&bih=775

We have season tickets to the Portland Broadway series. Bummer you'll have just missed the run of Chicago. As a season ticket holder I can get sweet deals on extra seats. We'll be seeing it on Sept 3rd opening night.

Those guys are crazy!! I'm a flat lander.

Thanks for all the help everyone. I feel like we're doing well as far as weight. I can pretty much ride my 5'6 fish as long as I want and absorb speed fluctuations from my (im)Perfect Pass...

pics from tonight...

Picture of how slammed the boat was at rest... (look at the "SUPRA" letters in my sig pic, and then compare to what you can see of them in this:

And here's my buddy freeriding... all 235 pounds of him. I was driving and my wife and he son were at the stern. no bow weight... Yeah, he's REALLY forward on the board, but he's riding it. FWIW my (im)Perfect Pass wasn't being very cooperative. It was having a tough time keeping a stable speed for us despite the SMOOOOOOOOOTH water.

It really, really, really pains me to say this...but...you are a WAY better surfer than myself. Did I mention it really pains me to say that?

Keep it up buddy! Super jealous of all the time you get to practice. I boat a lot (2-3 times a week in the summer) but only have one, yep, one surf session this year.

I will now get offline and cry...
    Kevin

1993 Supra Sunsport
    5.8 351 HO PCM @ 285hp / PCM (40 A) 1.23:1
    Acme 422 Propeller 4 Blade 12.5 X 15.5 RH 1" Bore .105 cup
    Ballast: (2) 540 lb and (2) 350 lb Straight Line Launch Pad
    Wakeboard: CWB Absolute w/ Faction bindings / Surfboards: Hyperlite Coex & Broadcast

"Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should have accomplished with your ability." ~John Wooden