Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thanks for reminding me that my spare is completely flat, and the wrong size. Put it on the fix-it-list!
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

Quote Originally Posted by villain View Post
    Damn kvand, can I be friends with your friends? I still have a guy that owes me for 3 trips out. It's safe to say he isn't invited out anymore. Haha!
    I think you need to get the credit card swipe app for your phone. I actually have had a coupld friends paypal me gas money after the fact. I just signed up for the paypal swipe deal (just for kicks) so if people wanna pay me money via credit card (less a 2.7% fee) I can facilitate that! hahahaha
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, and more mods to come...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

Default Help me optimize the ballast for my 92 Sunsport DD for a surf wake.

The wife has it. Might steal it from her. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by kvand347 View Post
    Phathom,

I should restate my earlier post. I've had the boat out about 25 times and my wife has been out about 10. So it's not like she never goes. I just enjoy boating so much that I want to share it with her. She's been a trooper because she usually obliges without too much pressure. She surprised me twice this year asking if we could go out with some of our friends!
    Kevin, we were out most of the day Saturday and Sunday. Back on the river last night. The wife has "craft night" (drink wine with the girls and do creative stuff) tonight and she emailed me saying that she wishes that she was going out and playing in the water tonight! Ha!

I'm pretty spoiled. Not only is she typically down to go out, she actually enjoys driving! In fact, I think that she's getting to be a better surf driver than me!

Tonight I could have probably scrounged up some guys to go, but I got an invite from a guy on the Moomba forums to go out behind his V-drive! I'm stoked. And Friday I got an invite for a 10:30am trip to go out on a late model Malibu Wakesetter. I was kinda bummed that I had to work. I was taking off early on Friday to get my son at the airport, and then when the wife got home we'd go out as a family... So I did the only reasonable thing. I talked to the big boss at work and took all of Friday off so I could ride the Malibu during the day and my Supra for the evening! Oh yeah!

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

Well, tried to play around with ballast some. We put on the prototype surf platform last week and it worked great to not interfere with the surf wave. so that's a win.

We had some extra bags to play with so we were rocking almost a TON of ballast. Plus an extra 200+ pound person. We had 2 boats stop by and ask if we needed help. I think they thought we were sinking!! My poor rear trunk locker did get swamped a couple times. I need to put drain holes in there now. The boat was at the rub rail at rest and the water was just flowing on top of the gunwales in the rear corner when underway. It was at the rub rail when underway all the way up to the rear tower mount. Slammin'.

Here is me with the 1-ton wave.

Wall of bags:

And one in the bow locker:

Honestly, there was a interesting curl with more weight and it was actually more fun for me to surf with my "standard" 1450 pounds of ballast. Go figure.
    Last edited by trayson; 10-07-2013 at 11:49 AM.

Default Help me optimize the ballast for my 92 Sunsport DD for a surf wake.

1400#s? I run that in one sack. Lol. I think i run a 1400 Enzo. A 900 bow sack. 3 400's. and sometimes a couple 450's. still playin with the new wake plate to get it right. That will have to wait till spring tho as its cold as crap here. You definitely have a great looking wave tho!