Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I run it on the hose to get hot, drain everything and then run antifreeze thru at 75% (figuring remaining water will dilute to the 50%).
    2004 Supra Launch 22 SSV
    5.7L Indmar Assault
    "One More Hour"

villain, can you explain in a little more detail what you mean about it coming out the exhaust and the -15 or better? Do you wait for it just to start coming out of the exhaust? What does -15 or better mean?

It means they reuse the antifreeze on an on going basis and test it coming out the exhaust on i/o , o/b, and i/b as they winterize.All good shops do this , maybe even lower depending on latitude, as a diy you should alway drain your block first unless you have the equipment to test the quality of the antifreeze. Or you can replace your block or intake due to neglect
    Last edited by docdrs; 06-02-2013 at 09:23 PM.
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    run your engine after you change the oil
    Doug

I see. Well, I checked the oil yesterday when I stopped by storage and it looks normal...golden and clean. I'll keep an eye on it when I take it out the first couple times, but I'd bet I'm OK. I'll plan for a different method this winter...either I'll go back to the drain and fill method, or I'll remove the t-stat.

Forgot to update this. Took the boat out last Friday for the first one water run. Everything seemed fine and the engine ran very well. I checked the oil a couple times and it was nothing but nice, clean oil...golden brown. It seems like we're OK.

Good to know all is ok
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    run your engine after you change the oil
    Doug

Glad for the happy ending to the story. Mostly due to your latitude, in the north the results would of been much more expensive.

2003 Supra Launch " Gravity Games Edition"
    Dodge ram CTD tow vehicles....

Quote Originally Posted by Okie Boarder View Post
    Forgot to update this. Took the boat out last Friday for the first one water run. Everything seemed fine and the engine ran very well. I checked the oil a couple times and it was nothing but nice, clean oil...golden brown. It seems like we're OK.
    This is good to hear, but also glad that the boys are still showing interest. You need to stick with us!

1986 Saltare
    Restoration link: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7839

We went out Saturday and my youngest had a blast. He is getting so much better on the wake board and even starting to jump the wake a bit. Our oldest wanted to spend the night at a friend's house Friday night so he didn't go. Seems like the interest is still there to some extent.