Default Auto VS Marine Head Gaskets - Difference

I know there are some things you just CAN't Change from auto to marine. I might need new head gaskets, and was hoping if I needed a set that I could just stop by Advance Auto and pick a set up. Prior to screwing something up, I thought I would get an opinion or two first.
    Shane

"The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch

The marine gaskets are build with stainless steel or aluminum instead of regular steel. This only makes a difference if you are running in salt water. The difference with fresh-water cooling is minor.

Regardless -- I'd get a set of Fel-Pro gaskets. They are much higher quality and are either composite or stainless steel anyway.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

If your engine is raw water cooled use marine gaskets, I recommend Fel Pro. This is not a place to cheap out. Any gasket that contacts raw water should be marine.

Yes it's raw water cooled. Thanks I will just go by local marine shop and pick up the marine gaskets and get those put on after I do my compression check.
    Shane

"The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch

Your going to get the heads and deck checked for flatness right?
    2003 Supra Launch 22SSV
    1986 Ski Natique 2001

yes, taking them to a local shop to make sure they are not warped. I would hate to do all this freakin work and then find out I gotta do it all over again! I'm pissed at myself I am even doing it the first time. I am just about mad enough to take the boat to the lake and pull the plug. I know it's not that major of a thing, but it's just flat aggrevating the piss out of me. I tried walking away from the boat a couple of days, hoping I wouldn't be as mad......lol but NOPE still ticked!
    Shane