Default Loose Bolts/Nuts Under Helm

Greetings:

2008 Launch 21 SSV

I've had to replace my heater core first thing out of the shoots this spring. The good news is that if you get tired of laying on one side with your back arched under the helm with your arm going to sleep...you can always turn over to your other side until your other arm goes to sleep!

Questions:
    1. I took that access cover off under the helm and noticed a few small bolts and nuts on the floor. A couple were missing from the bracket that held the Heater Craft core while a couple of others I'm not sure where they came from. The remaining bolts on the heater craft were loose and had no washer or locktite on them. Currious if anyone is using locktite on bolts, etc on your boats and if it makes a difference. Or, am I better off in just tightening them down with washers the best that I can and not stain the carpet with locktite.

2. I noticed about three long bolts (maybe 3/16" x 3") with nuts as I looked up from under the helm. I reached up and all bolts were loose. It appeared they all served the same purpose and maybe held the dash unto the top of the helm? Additionally, a small 1-1/2 inch square piece of flexible plastic or fiberglass (less than 1/8 inch thick) was used similar to how a fender washer or small steel bracket might be used to bracket the 3 bolt against an outer/surrounding surface. What's interesting is that they did not use a more rigid bracket for the 3 bolts along with a locknut and simply used a piece of plastic and standard nut.

While I understand that there maybe a need to have flexible fastening systems on a boat, it is difficult to conceive that 3 small pieces of plastic holding the dashboard to the helm is an optimum design. Currious again if anyone has encountered this on your Supra's and what your fix was.

Overall, we are happy with the boat...however, I remember reading a thread where skiiers choice were pumping out boats as fast as they could to keep up with the economy in 2007/2008 and my have taken some short cuts...any thoughts?

Sounds about right. Some of the hodgepodge crap I've seen under the dash of brand new boats, it's amazing.