Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default question on possible purchase 2001 Supra Launch DD

Hi...

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I figured I would come to the source for info on Supras, and I wanted to see what the forum thought of this possible purchase.

http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/boa/3851831079.html

2001 Supra Launch
    ad says 650 hrs(is that too many?)
    routine maintenance has been done, I've haven't viewed the boat in person yet.

I currently own an older Chaparral, I'm not new to boating, just to wake specific tow boats.

Any particular issues with this particular year/model?

I appreciate your feedback!

Thanks,

LL

Seems kind of high. I paid 9500 for one last year with less hours but it was basically a deal of a lifetime. It had perfect pass and over 2k of ballast. It's a great boat though excellent wake, and nice surf wake. I've seen them listed anywhere from 15000 to low 20s. Try to get it as cheap as you can and this boat will not disappoint you.

Yeah...$9500 is a ridiculous steal.

I think Daff paid 10 for his.... once again a steal.

Daff paid 10 for his with a large hole...ans yes it was still a steal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptownkid View Post
    Daff paid 10 for his with a large hole...ans yes it was still a steal.
    You guys are kidding right? $9,500 or $10,000 for an 01 Launch. Who are these people giving away $20,000 boats?? I'd say if you can get that guy down a grand you'd be getting a great boat at a fair price.
    Kevin

1993 Supra Sunsport
    5.8 351 HO PCM @ 285hp / PCM (40 A) 1.23:1
    Acme 422 Propeller 4 Blade 12.5 X 15.5 RH 1" Bore .105 cup
    Ballast: (2) 540 lb and (2) 350 lb Straight Line Launch Pad
    Wakeboard: CWB Absolute w/ Faction bindings / Surfboards: Hyperlite Coex & Broadcast

"Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should have accomplished with your ability." ~John Wooden

Guy had it listed for 15 in Orlando. I called him as soon as I saw it asked about it and all cause 15000 is still a really good deal. I told him I was 17 and just looking to get my first real wake boat and told him I got 10k cash and I could meet him tomorrow. And he accepted. So I drove 9 hours to Orlando stayed in a motel, met him the next morning and bought it. He took off 500 when I came to look at it because the starter was rusty and he said it should be replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Guy had it listed for 15 in Orlando. I called him as soon as I saw it asked about it and all cause 15000 is still a really good deal. I told him I was 17 and just looking to get my first real wake boat and told him I got 10k cash and I could meet him tomorrow. And he accepted. So I drove 9 hours to Orlando stayed in a motel, met him the next morning and bought it. He took off 500 when I came to look at it because the starter was rusty and he said it should be replaced.
    All I can say is WOW! I may have to hire you for my next big purchase. You have the gift of negotiation my friend! Getting someone to drop 1/3 of their asking price...crazy!
    Kevin

1993 Supra Sunsport
    5.8 351 HO PCM @ 285hp / PCM (40 A) 1.23:1
    Acme 422 Propeller 4 Blade 12.5 X 15.5 RH 1" Bore .105 cup
    Ballast: (2) 540 lb and (2) 350 lb Straight Line Launch Pad
    Wakeboard: CWB Absolute w/ Faction bindings / Surfboards: Hyperlite Coex & Broadcast

"Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should have accomplished with your ability." ~John Wooden

Haha I've prolly bought and sold more boats in the last year than most people have in there entire life so I guess I learned some good negotiation skills. It's kinda became a hobby of mine to fix up boats and sell them. However once I bought my launch I couldn't sell it I love it to much. So now I buy other boats to fix up and I am saving for a newer supra. My parents prolly hate me because we have a 3 car garage and my supra takes up the long garage and my project boat (1994 monterey 190 with a Chevy v8 and new wake tower) only fits sideways taking up the other two garages. Yes i do make a little bit of money but the skills i learn about engines, and boats are priceless. Glad I have parents that are so supportive of my "business". Does anyone by chance know how many boats I can title in one year without getting a dealers liscense?

I'd spend the extra dough on a vdrive anyday.
    2003 Supra Launch 22SSV
    1986 Ski Natique 2001