Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: DIY Wake shaper

I agree that a lot of boats like 22 degrees, but each hull is different. My saltare only needed around 10 degree's. so my suggestion is to make your setup adjustable so you can decide for yourself and your boat what you like.
    Function before fashion!

The further the gate is in on the Stern (not on the corner like above) the greater the angle. A issue that can be experienced is when the gate is orientated in and the angle is great, they're can be a turbulent situation that forces water back up to the sStern and shoots it up into the air. Additionally, the longer the gate, the less angle needed
    2003 Supra Launch 22SSV
    1986 Ski Natique 2001

So i switched it up.

Function before fashion!

How do the tabs work?

It's interesting to watch this sport progressing. 2 years ago and everyone needed/wanted the gates and everyone was weighting their boat evenly. Now the people at wakeworld are going back to listing it/slamming it in one corner and it seems like a lot of people are "over" the gates and are moving towards tabs.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

How is that platform holding up? Wood and bedliner?? Past tries havent staid the time. 1-loose screw or gash and the water makes it in. Curious?
    89' Comp rebuild thread:
    https://www.facebook.com/andrewjetm/...1923456&type=3

89' Comp Mod's and fun pic's:
    https://www.facebook.com/andrewjetm/...6666464&type=3

89' Supra/Custom Tower & Interior/Swivel Racks
    4 Blade-14X14/1600 lbs Ballast
    Roswell Bar/Led's/Krypt 6.5 HLCD's/Krypt 4200 Eq
    JL-Kicker Amps 2000 Watts/Kicker Interiors/L7 Kicker Sub

Quote Originally Posted by wotan2525 View Post
    How do the tabs work?

It's interesting to watch this sport progressing. 2 years ago and everyone needed/wanted the gates and everyone was weighting their boat evenly. Now the people at wakeworld are going back to listing it/slamming it in one corner and it seems like a lot of people are "over" the gates and are moving towards tabs.
    So i got out today but it was just me and my buddy, but the system worked flawless. I don't think i'm going to tweak anything. I even made my buddy switch sides mid surf lol. All i need now is more weight aka. people, but my boat has always needed more weight.
    Function before fashion!

Quote Originally Posted by jet View Post
    How is that platform holding up? Wood and bedliner?? Past tries havent staid the time. 1-loose screw or gash and the water makes it in. Curious?
    The deck is holding up perfectly. I think a lot of people cheap out and just use regular ply instead of ac ply. Plus making sure you use a ton of elmers 3 which is waterproof. I guess it also doesn't hurt that i build custom homes for a living so i have a lot of experience to fall back on.
    I hade to cut into the platform to make room for the actuators and everything was dry as a bone. I suppose it also helps that my boat stays in my steel building year round.
    Function before fashion!

Default sweet

Quote Originally Posted by 2500HD View Post
    So i got out today but it was just me and my buddy, but the system worked flawless. I don't think i'm going to tweak anything. I even made my buddy switch sides mid surf lol. All i need now is more weight aka. people, but my boat has always needed more weight.
    Thats nice work man, I would like to see the wave in action. I also like how you mounted them to the transom, through the swim step, where did you mount the switch? How does is do when the tabs are not actuated, any difference you notice there?

Quote Originally Posted by devovino View Post
    Thats nice work man, I would like to see the wave in action. I also like how you mounted them to the transom, through the swim step, where did you mount the switch? How does is do when the tabs are not actuated, any difference you notice there?
    I mounted the switch next to my ballast switches. Right above the throttle assembly. The tabs are actually mounted about 5/8 above the bottom of boat, you can just barely make out the step in the transom in the picture. It doesn't seem to make any difference to the boat when fully retracted.
    I'll try to get video next time i'm out but i seem to always get busy driving and surfing and forget. but i'll try.
    Function before fashion!

Which actuator did you use? What is the throw length?