Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: DIY Wake shaper

Quote Originally Posted by pridekit View Post
    Which actuator did you use? What is the throw length?
    It's a stadard 101 with 2 1/4 throw. The trim plate is 9x12
    Function before fashion!

Are you able to go completely flat like the surf swell? I was looking at there site, I'm wondering if you could get away with the 101 XD or XDS. Same throw, but a shorter actuator so you don't have to cut into the swim deck.

I haven't done any measurements myself, just thinking out loud. I might go by the Lenco office and see if they have anything that would work under the deck (with out the mounting style of the surf swell).

Quote Originally Posted by pridekit View Post
    Are you able to go completely flat like the surf swell? I was looking at there site, I'm wondering if you could get away with the 101 XD or XDS. Same throw, but a shorter actuator so you don't have to cut into the swim deck.

I haven't done any measurements myself, just thinking out loud. I might go by the Lenco office and see if they have anything that would work under the deck (with out the mounting style of the surf swell).
    No it doesn't go vertical like the swell system, it is more like the mastercraft. I was looking at the bennett bolt actuator but it got a wicked good deal on the lenco's
    Function before fashion!

As requested a short video of the waves. I'm very very happy with the results. The position of the camera doesn't do the wave justice.

https://youtu.be/KgHFeDiVaVM
    Last edited by 2500HD; 07-05-2015 at 06:53 PM.
    Function before fashion!

being able to surf 15 to 20 ft back is awesome. This is just a video of the wave switch from side to side. I took a little while to get her up to speed and i think i will reprop her before to long. I'm able to run a lot more weight now and the wave is freakin awesome!
    Function before fashion!

I just ordered an acme 1615, after I install it I will see what it does to the wake. If nothing else my engine will be happier!
    Function before fashion!

Looks great!

I am curious if you use the trim tabs when you are under way or if you strictly use them for surfing.

I have my manual wake plate set pretty low for slalom skiing but I feel like it slows my cruising speed when I am under way. Thinking of going to power wake plate and possible trim tabs while I am at it if seems worthwhile.

I've only used them for surfing, i think the directional tabs on the bottom of the trim tab might impede it. If i was you i would definatly get rid of the manual tab and go with either a lenco (my first choice) or a bennet.
    Function before fashion!

That's awesome! Might have to try something like this after my surf gate failed miserably on my comp. What's the angle they come down at and are there any deflectors on the tab to delay the wake (like the gsa tabs)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk