Default Possible vapor lock issue? 2007 22 launch SSV/ all stock 340 motor

So I just bought a used 2007 Supra Launch ssv in April. Have had it out about 10 times now, with no issues, but it is getting progresively warmer here in southern Nevada and it was 105 degrees yesterday and we were running for about an hour and then shut down while we floated in a cove. I restarted it twice to reposition in the cove, started fine, but then it was off for about an hour and when I tried to start it again it just barely started then died. Tried to restart a couple more times but just wouldnt run. I remember reading about vapor lock, so I opened engine compartent and put a cool towel over the engine, i would have poured water on the fuel line , but did not know where it was. After cooling for about a 1/2hr it started and ran fine and surfed and played for a few more hours but I did not shut it down again till it was on the trailer. I did a quick restart on the trailer no problem. Engine temp was running about 164 degrees, is that a normal operating temp?

Anyone had similar issues operating in hot temps?

Elsewhere I have read about insulating fuel lines and was wondering what to use and do I just insulate the metal lines near the engine or the rubber ones also that are back near the fuel filter?

I also read a post somewhere else that said this is a known issue and back when their boat was under warranty Supra had the dealer put in a second fuel pump. Any thoughts or experience with that?

Thanks for the help.....Dale

I have an 07 launch and had a similar experience. I changed my fuel filter and run no ethonal gas. I haven't had a problem since then. Good luck.

I to am here in Las Vegas and had the same issue last year on my 95 Ski Supreme. What I do now is open the engine compartment when I stop to float. Also FIND your fuel line so next time it happens dip a towel in the lake and put it on your fuel line this helps. What happens is the fuel pump is at the engine and sucks from the tank, this creates a vacuum on the fuel and lowers the temperature at which the fuel vaporizes, so cooling the engine compartment and or cooling the fuel line between the tank and the pump will fix your dilemma.

Good luck

PM me if you have any questions. I launch out of Calville Bay.

Right on guys, thanks for the help. I also found the previous post on this issue, lots of good info. So, I had the boat out yesterday and added some Stabill for marine ethanol scrubber, but that stuff is pricey. Also ran the blower alot and had no issues.

Regards....Dale

Happened to me at Lake Powell last year on a HOT day with the crappy high-ethanol gas they sell there (no choice).

I ALWAYS use the ethanol treatment now, and it hasn't happened since, but I do now also open the engine cover if been running hard for a while to allow the air to circulate.

Just got back from a HOT trip to Powell - using the Stabilizer, had no issues.
    2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.