Default 89 bSupra Conbrio rebuild and redisgn

Nearing the end of a 2 month rebuild of my 89 Conbrio. Purchased this boat early last season at salvage auction. We had a great summer, putting almost 30 hours on the boat. But, it liked to drive the nose under water. I know this is a issue with these boats, but at almost every stop?? So before I got to crazy with paint and other new items, I decided to cut to holes in the floor. Both sides were filled to top with water, so out came the floor. After digging out the foam only sections of two stringer were bad, so I only placed bad areas. I also decided to redesign the area around engine mounts and exhaust, to let air and water flow out of this section, so no foam here. I also did some changes to floor, and have added seats from a 87 Sunsport parts boat, which I still have if anyone needs parts. The rear seat is being change to face the action out the rear of the Supra, and ski pole is now removable to add floor space.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/97247139@N04/
    1989 Conbrio

Tow vehicle 2004 VW Touareg

Interesting interior configuration, I'm curious to see the final result
    Stéphane
    -----------------------
    1989 Supra Saltare

Quote Originally Posted by Sdc77 View Post
    Interesting interior configuration, I'm curious to see the final result
    Same Here!

Does your parts boat have the storage area doors under the windshield opening?

Well all of the action is out the rear of the boat, so now passengers will be able to look out the back all the time. The taller front seats swivel so front passenger can face front or rear. The original seats were right on the floor, now I don't have to sit on life jackets. Area behind driver seat will hold cooler and life jackets. The engine cover and storage area will have one large cushion that will be a sun deck.

There is storage under windshields that you excess though bow seat backs. There is a odd shaped triangle glove box under passenger windshield. I plan to cut that area so I can fit the teak door for the engine cover and make that the new glove box/radio compartment.
    1989 Conbrio

I will look, but I think they are already gone.
    1989 Conbrio

Good for you - make it the way you want. I changed up the layout in my Salt & works great for our uses. Hope yours is as functional for your needs. You'll probably be listing fairly heavy to starboard (there's always a driver, my rear facing chaise is a favorite spot & always occupied, plus you'll have a cooler and storage) - I hope everybody surfs goofy?
    _______________89 Saltare Resto Project___________
    _________Then________________________Now_____

this reminds me of an interior that sanger did for a couple years. i think its a way to make the most of it. looking forward to the end result!

Had not thought of weight issue, but I did not notice much of a list to these boats. If is turns out to be a issue I may move the batteries to the port side.
    1989 Conbrio

Default 89 bSupra Conbrio rebuild and redisgn

Looks great!
    Last edited by Thomasv; 08-06-2013 at 07:36 PM.

Very nice build man. Nice job.
    89' Comp rebuild thread:
    https://www.facebook.com/andrewjetm/...1923456&type=3

89' Comp Mod's and fun pic's:
    https://www.facebook.com/andrewjetm/...6666464&type=3

89' Supra/Custom Tower & Interior/Swivel Racks
    4 Blade-14X14/1600 lbs Ballast
    Roswell Bar/Led's/Krypt 6.5 HLCD's/Krypt 4200 Eq
    JL-Kicker Amps 2000 Watts/Kicker Interiors/L7 Kicker Sub