Thread: Surf Gate Build

Threaded View

Default Surf Gate Build

I've been loading my Ssv with a 750 in the rear surf side locker, GG center (1100) and another 750 on the floor on the surf side. We spent a hour moving water around anound the other day switching sides for those normal footed people. I've been followins the surfgate threads on the Malibu, Sn and Moomba sites and decided it was time!

I built one for a goofy footed set up and was amazed by its performance. It still needs some tweaking on the angle but I was able to surf the wake about double the length of pocket with no front weight and both 750s in there lockers, wakeplate up and 1mph less. The wake is not peaked and its a lot different since its so gradual and long but it was able to push me at 230. I had the angle at about 40 degrees from the transom and going to set up again at 30 trying to get the convergence a little closer to get some peak.

Anyway I was happy that it was going to work so I started today building the starboard side and took some pictures.

Basic design- 100% modular and manual with the anticipation of adding actuators down the road. The only connections is two threaded knobs on the fiberglass lip on the platform just lateral of the outer mounting brackets. Asthetics is important, the gates will fit in with the design and not extend beyond the height of the platform. All synthetic and noncorossive materials.

Update- I have since dropped the threaded knobs and added straps. I added pictures later in the thread
    Last edited by CornRickey; 09-21-2013 at 12:17 AM.
    2003 Supra Launch 22SSV
    1986 Ski Natique 2001