here are a couple that i took when building it, they don't show the attachment though. it is very basic since it's a trial to make sure it worked--basically two 2x4's cut to length and angled to butt up close to the hull, a long gate hinge (longer than the one pictured) to hold the piece of wal-mart cutting board (HDPE), and reinforcement brackets (different than the one pictured) holding the wood together. i wanted to use a turnbuckle as pictured for adjustability. the attachment points (not shown) are a short turnbuckle up top from the tie-down u-bolt to a screwed-in eyelet, and a ratchet strap to an eyelet on the bottom piece of wood to the ski ring in the middle of the boat above the platform. the two pieces of wood install snugly around the swim platform rail but put minimal pressure on the platform itself.

Gate1.jpg
Gate2.jpg

things i will change: a better way to cinch the bottom eyelet without using a ratchet strap. i will also space out the front hinge from the wood because the swim platform railing contacts it currently and doesn't allow the wood to go as far in as i need it, thus causing the hdpe to just barely protrude from the hull at the very bottom. i was worried this would rip off while under way, but it held up without issue to 3 or so hours of surfing. other than that, i want to weight it down more and try different combinations of side-to-side weight. attempted speed for this was anywhere from 10.0 to 10.7, but 10.3 seemed optimal. we normally surf at 11.2-11.5, for comparison. that was another nice thing, we barely had to get on the throttle before PP took over with this setup.