Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lightbulb Cool Ballast Idea

So I came across this, and I would love to try it.... that is if I would ever get a $500 supra project .... anyone know where I can get one?

Hey Jet can you edit my title? Stupid me spelt Ballast wrong.
    Last edited by wiatowski; 06-18-2013 at 10:43 PM.

I've seen a lot of talk on the net regarding this. I believe its not in production and he's looking for financial backing. Great idea. There's a lot of force involved with a water mass moving that fast. I believe the biggest benefit is being able to come out of the hole unloaded then within seconds have it loaded. going to need hard tanks for it all though. Once there in, there in. No adjusting things. I saw one thread that talked about he sank the boat due to the windows in the tank failing for they weren't installed and the boat sank within seconds. Don't know if it is true or not. It reminds me of the air tankers Canada uses for wildland firefighting.
    2003 Supra Launch 22SSV
    1986 Ski Natique 2001

Default Cool Balast Idea

Sorry dude, you're just going to have to live with typo in your thread title. That is one thing I haven't figured out how to edit. There is a work around but I don't want to do that right now from my phone.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Done for ya
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    run your engine after you change the oil
    Doug

Default Cool Ballast Idea

Thanks Doc, and you'll have to PM the details on how you pulled that off.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Centurion just came out with it . To be able to start with no ballast and then fill within seconds after the rider is up is a real game changer. No pumps ,no bags and best of all no need for gas sucking 500 hp engines.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=CF9_-q4TbF8

That's Mike Murphy, the guy that invented the hydrofoil (sky ski/Airchair). He invented a similar system that calabria had in place
    for years - just not as BIG as this one, I think it was called the "Pure Vert" system or something.

http://drainmaster.com/site/marine/c...re-vert-wake-1
    2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.

a lot of game changers in the last couple years. surf gates, this and cool LED lights. Ok the LED's aren't game changers but there pretty cool.
    2003 Supra Launch 22SSV
    1986 Ski Natique 2001

Quote Originally Posted by docdrs View Post
    Done for ya
    Thank you

Just figured this could be integrated into a stinger/floor project. The way I figure it glass and paint the stringers with Anti fowling paint same with the floor. To seal the compartments run 5200 on the tops of the stringers before you screw on the floor and that should seal the compartments up. Vent them with a couple of vents near the front and you'd be good to go.... Like I said though I think I would try this on a (and it pains me to use this term) scrap boat first. Don't think you'd have to make the intake as big as he has...but whatever.

How much weight do think in would add? I don't know what the volume of the stringers are.
    Thoughts?