That's awesome man. Congrats on saving a dogs life from a kill shelter. My wife and I foster dogs for the Texas GSP Rescue until they can find a permanent home, so I feel your pain on getting dogs that have little to no training in the house. We have 2 GSP's so it makes it a little easier since the new dog has 2 instant buddies to play with. Just be patient and use treats as rewards for good behavior and she will eventually come around. It's hard to not get attached to them, especially with some of the stories from where they rescue these dogs from, but since we get to meet the new owners and do the home visit it makes it easier knowing that they are going to a loving home. The worst one we ever had was rescued from a South Dakota puppy mill and had never been out of a cage in 2.5 years. She had a hard time walking and had obviously been beaten, she was extremely scared of people. She ate the leather off of my new $3,500 recliner and although I was mad, I really wasn't in the end after thinking what all she had been through. Good luck and post pics up if she ends up going to the lake with you!!