Thread: Neat Story...

Threaded View

Smile Neat Story...

Hey all figured i would share this:

I found a dog on the internet at a local humane society. Turns out the dog was located in Texas at a high kill shelter, on the list to be euthenized; told the story to my fiance and it was all over from there. She is named Madilyn and is also blind in one eye. We summitted an adoption application that night and waited to see what would happen...The application was a lot like donating an organ! Lengthy!! and being that we are located 1000 miles apart not sure how this would all unfold. After they called all our 3 refferences and then arranged a home visit, we found out the dog would be in Minnesota on fathers day. Then got word that a lady from a local blind dog rescue would being her into Wisconsin about an hour and a half from my front door (Eau Claire). Got in the truck on monday after work and picked her up. She is a lab/golden/terrior mix and is about 40 pounds. She is a sweet girl that has NO training and is going to need lots of love and patience.

It was a great exerience and even though she has torn curtains and ate my best shoes, she is hard to get mad at. She has been through a lot in her one year and cant wait to see what is around the corner.

If anyone has any training tips we are open to all advice!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -Mike
    92 Supra Comp
    351 PCM