Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Glad it worked for you. I've been out three times so far with mine, and I get a grin every time I bump the key and it starts right up. This is how it should be.

1986 Saltare
    Restoration link: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7839

Hi guys I have 2 questions on this subject. I have a 88 Saltare 454 with the starter in the upper starboard side of the bellhousing. I purchased the boat last year and have been rebuilding it. When it ran last year forgot to take note of the direction of spin on the pulleys. Question 1 is there a way to tell what rotation your engine is without seeing it run or turn over (prop etc.)? Question 2 when you guys are talking about LH RH rotation are you talking about the direction of the pulleys or the rotation of the prop? Thx!

Quote Originally Posted by Bravura88 View Post
    Hi guys I have 2 questions on this subject. I have a 88 Saltare 454 with the starter in the upper starboard side of the bellhousing. I purchased the boat last year and have been rebuilding it. When it ran last year forgot to take note of the direction of spin on the pulleys. Question 1 is there a way to tell what rotation your engine is without seeing it run or turn over (prop etc.)? Question 2 when you guys are talking about LH RH rotation are you talking about the direction of the pulleys or the rotation of the prop? Thx!
    You can tell the engine rotation from standing behind the transmission and looking toward the front of the engine and seeing which way the pulleys rotate. If you can't see the engine run, the easiest way will be to look at your prop and it will have the prop size followed by a LH or RH depending on the rotation. LH rotation is considered standard so most often this will be the case.

1986 Saltare

Thanks for the info Titan!

starter rotation.jpg

Wanted to bump this thread with this picture. Been a lifesaver for me! This diagram hold true for both top and bottom mounts. So here it is!
    Last edited by vvfdfirefighter; 07-26-2013 at 10:36 PM. Reason: uploaded bigger picture

Quote Originally Posted by vvfdfirefighter View Post
    Attachment 12754

Wanted to bump this thread with this picture. Been a lifesaver for me!
    Could you host that image somewhere and just link it here? That attachment is so small I can't make out anything on it.

1986 Saltare

Quote Originally Posted by TitanTn View Post
    Could you host that image somewhere and just link it here? That attachment is so small I can't make out anything on it.
    Give me five min. I posted from my phone, I'll do it from the computer.

Titan, i posted a bigger picture. works on my end. Let me know how it looks on yours.
    Last edited by vvfdfirefighter; 07-26-2013 at 10:37 PM.

I edited the picture Titan. It should work now!

Quote Originally Posted by vvfdfirefighter View Post
    I edited the picture Titan. It should work now!
    Nice graphic. Thanks for posting.

1986 Saltare

Nice graphic. Thanks for posting.
    Not a problem, I use this graphic all the time!