Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by mabbore View Post
    Ohh and Jetlink forgot to mention that I also ran over his nice new Wakeboard rope yesterday. #chainlife
    Whooooops

Mental note: Mabbore is not allowed to drive at any of the meet & greets.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetlink View Post
    Haha, I'm not too wrapped up about that, plus the way I see it you weren't actually at the helm when that happened.
    Yeah, my same buddy tore up my other wakeboard rope last season. lol
    1987 Supra Sunsport
    351 PCM

I'm betting with Cadunkle on this. When I was rebuilding my boat a couple of years ago I took out the shifter assembly and noticed that the brass piece that Cadunkle broke was likely only going to last a couple of outings. I replaced mine at that time. It sounds like that could be the culprit for you too it your cable isn't moving at all.

1986 Saltare
    Restoration link: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7839

Quote Originally Posted by wotan2525 View Post
    I just had this happen last week. My issue was simpler -- I pulled the control assembly through the opening in the panel (it's a tight fit... need to move control lever to the perfect spot) and found that the cable had pulled off the controller because of a broken/missing cotter pin. I put some safety wire through there and gave it a few twists and called it good.
    What are the chances that my "fix" would already fail? 0.

The brass end broke off of my connector! So crazy to have this fail twice in the same season....

http://www.skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?number=R024024

I didn't let it end my night though. We detached the cable, pulled it through the front and then used the throttle lever for gear selection and used a 2-hand method to control throttle directly with the cable. Wasn't easy but still allowed us to ride!
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

Jet,

This exact same thing happened to me about 10 days ago. Turns out my throttle cable just broke. You can verify this by unattaching the connection at the carb and seeing if you can pull the inner cable out (this will only happen if it is indeed broken and you will be able to pull it out freely until the break). I did this first because I was hoping I wouldn't have to deal with the throttle lever assembly (its a PITA to get out of the hole in the hull of my comp). Unfortunately, this wasn't the case.

If it is indeed broken, leave the existing cable in the boat until you get a new one. You'll want it to feed the new one through. I'd take pictures of the connections at both the carb and throttle lever assembly, as the cable connections can be adjusted by the location on the cable threads.

If you do end up having to replace it, would you mind posting pictures of both the existing carb connection and throttle lever/assembly connection? I made the mistake of not taking pictures before I replaced it with the new one so now I'm in the trial and error process.

Quote Originally Posted by mabbore View Post
    Ohh and Jetlink forgot to mention that I also ran over his nice new Wakeboard rope yesterday. #chainlife
    I got mine on Sunday. I couldn't believe it

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady
    Pioneer headunit kicker speakers

a pair of vice grips makes manual throttle control a lot easier! lol

only its annoying when you have no control over the throttle and co-pilot is having "fun"...
    1992 Supra Comp Ts6m 5000 Series PCM 5.8 HO Pro Boss Protec Ignition (not converted) w/ 4010 "Fish Bowl" Carb
    1.23:1 tranny
    "Silent Rider. Quiets The Competition." muffler isn't so silent anymore. ITS HOLLOW!

1989 Correct Craft Martinique B/R PCM 5.8 Power Plus Package

1984 E-Scow