Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What boat did this come from?

And how do you remove it? 12 pack of beer to the person who can help figure out how to get this sucker out so I can replace the cable and get back on the water. Bonus bragging points if you can name a boat manufacturer that used this type of control.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372101102.243687.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372101113.072038.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372101121.855789.jpg
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

I found this image for Correct Crafts (ignore the green).

This one from MasterCraft saying it's a Morse MV1

So it's likely Supra used this other style as well.
    Last edited by haugy; 06-24-2013 at 03:16 PM.

can you take a side picture of it?
    86 Saltare

moving the lever to a certain position should line things up with the hole. try forward about half way (can't remember if neutral helps or not so give that a try if in gear doesn't do it). you may have to pull and slide the base to the stern a bit at the same time.

I've got the same one. Some wiggling, some jiggling and some futzing with the forward/reverse action should allow you to wiggle it free. It's a PITA.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

Quote Originally Posted by jasun View Post
    can you take a side picture of it?
    He sent me a picture via text. The pictures I posted are exactly like it. They aren't like mine where the whole thing is square.

Wotan did yours have that backing plate on it? He says he can hear fiberglass cracking when he really pries on it.

Yeah, if I really exert any more force on it, I'll probably be doing fiberglass repairs. I've tried every possible throttle position to remove this bugger! I'm now two solid days at this and this is all the progress I have.

have you tried finding a position while it's in gear and while the neutral pin is pulled (i'd bet in gear vs neutral will be the ticket)? i don't think you'd find one that's totally lined up with the hole. there will still be some finagling involved...pulling the rear of the unit away from the wall while sliding it to the stern.

once you get it...do your best to remember what the trick was since you're have to repeat it in reverse to reinstall.

if you have time to search the trick has been posted before but i can't remember who had it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetlink View Post
    Yeah, if I really exert any more force on it, I'll probably be doing fiberglass repairs. I've tried every possible throttle position to remove this bugger! I'm now two solid days at this and this is all the progress I have.
    I had to service mine last summer by cleaning it and greasing it up. Mine has a set screw on the handle that allows you to remove the handle. Then the black face plate comes off, from there you can remove the mechanism.
    1987 Supra Sunsport
    351 PCM

Salty, I've tried every throttle position both in gear and neutral as much as possible. I've also searched the forums for the thread, found it and started there yesterday. The back of this morse control goes forward from the the control another 4 inches or so. I can't even get it close to flush to get it out and I can't get the linkage disconnected from the control so I can at least pull the cable and run a new one and fix the problem. It's frustrating because after two solid days of playing and working on this I'm no farther along than removing the three screws that hold the morse control to the fiberglass and am looking at spending at least $400 to have the dealer go gang busters on it this week.