Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: July Pic Thread

Default July Pic Thread

Here's one more from bringing the Comp over to the house from the launch.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372971647.935200.jpg
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Default July Pic Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Supra_Comp View Post
    That Cobalt is a beauty!
    She's a big girl that's for sure!!! Turns heads everywhere we go in it too.

Default July Pic Thread

Some pics from today. We are still "no wake" today even though we are lower than we were last week before they restricted the water to no wake. So, we motored up to the sand bar and hung out in the water tossing a football around.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373070209.660612.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373070220.672231.jpg

GOPR0024.jpgWent out to Lake Minnetonka for the 4th. Stayed in more of the family friendly zone of the hundreds of boats tied up! Saw two other Saltares, a Sunsport, and Comp all within about 30 minutes. Got to use my new grill setup, works great!

GOPR0053.jpgGOPR0043.jpg
    Last edited by ruby23m; 07-05-2013 at 09:25 PM.
    1986 Saltare
    2004 Excursion 6.0
    2004 BMW X3

Quote Originally Posted by Jetlink View Post
    Some pics from today. We are still "no wake" today even though we are lower than we were last week before they restricted the water to no wake. So, we motored up to the sand bar and hung out in the water tossing a football around.
    Huh. They make the whole lake a wake free zone? I've never heard of such. I guess the shore line gets too beat up when the water's high?

1986 Saltare
    Restoration link: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7839

Default July Pic Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TitanTn View Post
    Huh. They make the whole lake a wake free zone? I've never heard of such. I guess the shore line gets too beat up when the water's high?
    Yeah, the shoreline gets pounded and I'd say probably 90% of the homes up here have sea walls too so that makes it worse. Just another case of poor planning by the corps I guess. We are below the water level when they decided to restrict to no wake but I guess the busiest weekend they have no problem leaving it restricted. All the local business are screaming because they're not getting any traffic and therefore no revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetlink View Post
    Yeah, the shoreline gets pounded and I'd say probably 90% of the homes up here have sea walls too so that makes it worse. Just another case of poor planning by the corps I guess. We are below the water level when they decided to restrict to no wake but I guess the busiest weekend they have no problem leaving it restricted. All the local business are screaming because they're not getting any traffic and therefore no revenue.
    That stinks. We got the word the morning of the 4th. DNR opened fox river up between Montgomery and the Stratton dam.
    Chauncey 2000 Malibu Response LX Monsoon 325

Default July Pic Thread

Quote Originally Posted by foxriverat View Post
    That stinks. We got the word the morning of the 4th. DNR opened fox river up between Montgomery and the Stratton dam.
    Opened it at 9:01 this morning, had the boat warmed up and out ready for the first pull 10 minutes prior. Opened the throttle at 9:01 and had three awesome sets between my father and myself.

Default July Pic Thread

Unfortunately it's raining here in Greater Cincinnati like it's Seattle. Thanks to Matt and the team at Antique Boat Center in Cincinnati. They got the boat almost finished and far enough to be functional for the holiday weekend. We're getting close...
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373141032.522197.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Been fighting a tranny leak. Put the boat in w/o the plug for a minute. Whoops. No biggie I thought, pulled it out, put the plug in, and let the bilge do its job.

Realized that my tranny could leak water IN just as easily as it leaked fluid out. After a couple wakeboard jumps it let us know it wasn't happy and I had the "strawberry milkshake" on the dipstick.

trolled it back to the dock and spent 3 hours that afternoon doing this:
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, and more mods to come...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.