Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats it worth?

Default Whats it worth?

I'm taking a new job and there is a possibility I may end up selling my Saltare. Just wanted to get some opinions on a value. I have posted some pics of the resto under modifications. I will try to attach a link. It has new interior that hasnt even seen water yet (DIY but looks good), has less than 500 hours on it, new polk audios, JL sub, JL amp, Hydroturf floor, runs like a champ.
    Lets assume it will need stringer replacement within the next 3 years. They seem solid now but we all know that they usually need to be replaced. Have new tires for trailer that I havent put on yet.
    Used it about 10 times last year with no problems.
    side.jpgside2.jpg5.jpgboat.jpg
    1990 Saltare 454 - less than 500 hours
    4 Polk audio DB 650
    10" JL Audio sub
    JL 250 amp
    Memphis 250 amp
    New interior

Well hopefully congrats on the new job.

From what I can see, and from your description I would expect to get around $7500-8500 for it. That's for an original floor, non-factory (DIY) vinyl that isn't complete, and the hydroturf floor. Now the floor could look awesome, I can't see it. So that's a negative without knowing more about it. Gelcoat looks good from what I can tell (shadows and glare). If it's mechanically sound 100%, you might get more. And that means all electrical, engine, etc.

I'd ask $9000 and you should be able to get real close to that since it's summer. Once fall hits, you will be hard pressed to get above $7000. Now there are guys asking 10+ for their boats that aren't much better than yours, some worse. So you can always try high first, which I would do. Then go from there. But I wouldn't wait long as boat buying season is almost over.

Thanks for the opinion Haugy.Thats what range I was thinking. I still have to finish the cooler lid and small bow piece. I used factory Supra vinyl, Has ALL new wood, stainless staples etc... I would be happy with 8k at this point. I would love to keep it and still may not "advertise" it but if someone brings 8k I would probably take it. We will see what happens. I was hoping to take it out this week for the first time this year but it looks like its going to pour rain all week.
    4 Polk audio DB 650
    10" JL Audio sub
    JL 250 amp
    Memphis 250 amp
    New interior

I feel like you'd be able to easily get $8k. Looks like a nice boat!
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

Thanks. It has alot of new stuff. Im off work tomorrow. If it isnt pouring rain I will get some good pics of everything
    4 Polk audio DB 650
    10" JL Audio sub
    JL 250 amp
    Memphis 250 amp
    New interior

Hey dealing07, you should come on down to the reunion at Harrison bay this year. Gona be lots of Salts.
    1990 Supra Saltare

I noticed the play pen has only 1 cusion. Was this something you did, or did they change it in the later years?
    86 Saltare

He mentioned he is finishing that out and it will be in there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by haugy View Post
    He mentioned he is finishing that out and it will be in there as well.
    I mean the seat, not the side.
    86 Saltare

I changed it to a one piece. Seemed like it would be more comfortable with one solid piece instead of having all the seems between the 3 factory sections.
    4 Polk audio DB 650
    10" JL Audio sub
    JL 250 amp
    Memphis 250 amp
    New interior