Default Water injection ?

Does anyone already thought about it in our boat's engines ?
    Water injection has been used since 1930 in ICE, to prevent detonation, increase compression, encrease torque/power and increase mileage.
    It's also known to be efficient on high load engines. As we are in a good load configuration, low compression engines (the 454 is 8.13:1), and with tons of water arround us, I just wonder if somebody knows somebody who already uses water injection in an engine ?
    I don't talk about water/methanol, but only water injection.

I try to find solutions to get better fuel economy on the 454 before trying to swap it for a smaller engine ...
    Stéphane
    -----------------------
    1989 Supra Saltare

I haven't found anything on it without it being at least T.B.I. nothing for just carburated. Interesting though.
    Function before fashion!

In France, people are running many agricultural tractors and few diesel cars on GEET/PANTONE full water bubblers or GVI (instantaneous vapour generator).
    They get very good results, like 10 to 50% in fuel consumption reduction.

Very few tried on Gaz engines. Mostly because you need to ajust gazoline ratio to make the system efficient.

On a carbureted engine, I will need a EGT gauge and sensor, and a A/F ratio gauge + O2 sensor to know what I do and where to go. Adding just water will probably increase compression, but if I let the actual jets, I will not see interresting gas consumption difference.
    On a EFI engine, the O2 sensor read more oxygen when add water, and will inject more fuel. So it will be the opposit of the desired result : More fuel consumption and emissions.

ok it can be a good DIY challenge, with many test, but I believe in it, and will try to get as many informations as I can.

Here are few links to good result systems (in french) :

http://reaction.directe1.free.fr/Merco220D/merco.htm

http://quanthomme.free.fr/qhsuite/Gi...PMCPantone.htm
    Stéphane
    -----------------------
    1989 Supra Saltare