Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I would like to put a supra decal on the Pirata - Any suggestions?

Ran into a nice couple in a Moomba the other night. Was talking to them, they had no idea the Pirata was a supra. It has no identifying decals. So I was thinking about putting something on it. And suggestions and where can I get them?

2006 24SSV 8.1 Vortec

That was last years pic by mistake.

2006 24SSV 8.1 Vortec

2006 24SSV 8.1 Vortec

This would be my first choice .

If you need the wave decal I have a source.

As awesome as Haugy's graphic design skills are, some people like to be a little more understated....

After restoration I left mine naked for a while and I like it at first but then really wanted some identifying marks on it for the same reason as you. I also wanted to graphics to be age appropriate for the boat, so I used an older style Supra font and the Supra wave. But I made them a little smaller than stock size and organized the wave, name, and pin stripe a little differently than stock. I've been very pleased with the results. I have all the digital files for the wave and Supra name, so any graphic shop can size them to your dimensions and color.

Last edited by TitanTn; 07-06-2013 at 08:45 AM.

1986 Saltare
    Restoration link: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7839

titan, could you please send me those files so i can have my decal guy make some. i can see how much he wants for the set. i know he will do it for cheeper than a decal shop can.

Hello Titan, I would be interested in those graphics as well. My '88 Salt is very similar to your '86. I have buffed out my Salt several times, but have not been able to get the "kick" out of the shine as you have. Did you apply a new coat of clear to the exterior? My blue wave is now completely shot and the multicolored stripes have seen better days. The exterior finish of the hull is very good, but I need to remove all of the striping and add new. -Bob D.

While Mr. Hunters design has a lot of bing, I have to say I probably would like to go the more reserved route with Titan's design. If you can send my the files I would appreciate it.
    2006 24SSV 8.1 Vortec

Just for the record.... I called Dibs on Rob's decals first!!

I just got done wet sanding a bit because I was bored and cannot wait to get it done so i can put those ones on...

Villian, let me know what your guy quotes you at the decals... My salt is the same color scheme as Rob's so I have the color picked out already...

Safety Bob- Wet sand. Search for it. Long process but the only true way to restore the shine...
    86 Saltare

Here is a link to a zipped file with a left- and right-hand wave, and the Supra letters. They are all in a PSD format so they can be easily edited by a graphics shop. They are mocked up in the color I chose for my boat, but a graphics shop can print them in any color they offer.

Download file

Safety Bob - Jasun hit the nail on the head. The secret to getting your oxidized gelcoat to shine is to wetsand, buff, and wax. It's a process that takes a while, but the results are worth it.

1986 Saltare
    Restoration link: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7839