Default 3.5 inch Exhaust Flapper Replacement

Hello Gents,

I have a '97 TS6M Comp with 3.5 inch OD exhaust and I'm having trouble finding Exhaust Flappers. I see one site that states that their 4 inch Universal Exhaust Flapper can be used for 3.5 inch applications "with some modification" but that's not too convincing. Any suggestions on where I can find Flappers made for the 3.5 inch pipes or what the best solution is?

Also looking for replacement glass for the windshield. The glass on mine has separated in places......

Thanks!

Pretty sure that the modification required is just to cut a small part of the surround so that it can be clamped snugly around the pipe. It doesn't need to be perfect, the hose clamp will hold it on as long as you cut enough material so it doesn't overlap. And it wouldn't affect the flapper part at all, in any case.

i had the same issue on my 92 comp. i went with the larger flappers and screwed the clamps down tight. still on there today. just check them every once in awhile!
    -Mike
    92 Supra Comp
    351 PCM

Thanks guys,

I'll order the 4 inch. You're much more convincing than the ad on the website!

I plan to call Skiers Choice when I get a chance. I'll post what they say about the availability of a windshield.

Thanks again for your help!

Gary

You might be able to go directly to the manufacturer of the windshield itself, although Skier's Choice may point you in that direction anyway. If not, Ocean Dynamics in Florida has made some replacement windshields for us. Not cheap but they came out perfect.

ebay man , ebay
    LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO BE LIVELY