Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Custom Wakeboard Tower Idea

So I have been giving some serious thought to designing my own tower to better match the style I am looking for. I have drawn and redrawn several different ideas, and this is the one closest to the design I want. It's not to any scale, just hand drawn out on a printed picture of my boat. Anyone on here know how to take a drawn idea and figure out the logistics of creating it for real? I am planning on making it out of 2" or 2.25" aluminum. I am thinking of making it so that the front two boat mounts release allowing you to fold the whole tower forward over the bow.

What are your thoughts and ideas? Let me know if you like it, or have ideas how to improve it. Don't be afraid to let me know if you hate it! Just be nice

https://plus.google.com/u/0/10617213...ts/cv8YTMwZZc7

I think you're going to find that you'll need some serious skill/tools to make that yourself or you'll be paying someone with some serious skills and tools some serious money to make it for you.

Personally -- I think it's mounted on the boat backwards. That's just my opinion though.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

from an appearance point of view it is totally wrong! does nothing in terms of "flowing" with the lines of the boat etc.
    Just the opposite in fact! love your idea of designing your own tower and folding forward etc but the lines just don't work for me.

I agree with wotan2525. I have never been a fan of towers that face the front(if that makes sense). That's just my personal opinion. The main problem you will have is getting your radius the same on both sides. That is unless you have or have access to a serious shop.
    Function before fashion!

Quote Originally Posted by crystal waters View Post
    does nothing in terms of "flowing" with the lines of the boat
    I would agree with you that it doesn't "flow," but I tend to lean towards the forward slanted towers for two reasons. One, I like the look a little better, and two it is stronger, from a physics side of things - not that other towers are weak by any means.

In terms of lines of the boat I was really trying to find a way to mimic the lines of the windshield which is what originally drew me to this particular year/style/brand of boat. Apparently I failed.

Looks like Rouge wave just overcame the boat from the stern. I love custom builds but this one is better left to the existing builders if you are working within a budget. There is a ton of options out there, just keep her classy.

2003 Supra Launch " Gravity Games Edition"
    Dodge ram CTD tow vehicles....

.............*scratches head*.........................*pondering response*.....................................

Quote Originally Posted by haugy View Post
    .............*scratches head*.........................*pondering response*.....................................
    Don't act like you're not impressed! Haha. Early stages of designing, give me a break. And some pointers if you have any...if not I will accept your silent disapproval and excessive punctuation

I think you should go more along the lines of the Skitastic........

The lines flow so well and as far a strength goes, I wouldnt let my daughter play on a play set that didn't look like this!!!
    86 Saltare

Wow...that is...special. So apparently it's a bad idea to ask for wakeboard tower advice on this forum - unless it's in support of New Dimensions.