Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Fae ?

Don't rely on the hose clamp to hold it in place. Your mounting brackets need to do this job for you. This is where i'm having difficulty coming up with a good bracket design. Right now the ghetto bailing wire i used will keep it from moving back, I also used to pieces of plywood sandwiched around the center swimdeck bracket to keep it from moving upwards. It is rock solid. I think i have a design that will look better and still be solid, but until i have time to really mess with it i won't know. If i were ya'll i would concentrate on the mounting of it and Making that bomber and less on a rubber coupling.
    I just realized that in the picture i posted it is very hard to see the bailing wire i have going to the wake plate brackets. This is what keeps it from moving back.
    Last edited by 2500HD; 08-26-2013 at 10:26 PM.
    Function before fashion!

Quote Originally Posted by 2500HD View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 2500HD View Post
    Don't rely on the hose clamp to hold it in place. Your mounting brackets need to do this job for you. This is where i'm having difficulty coming up with a good bracket design. Right now the ghetto bailing wire i used will keep it from moving back, I also used to pieces of plywood sandwiched around the center swimdeck bracket to keep it from moving upwards. It is rock solid. I think i have a design that will look better and still be solid, but until i have time to really mess with it i won't know. If i were ya'll i would concentrate on the mounting of it and Making that bomber and less on a rubber coupling.
    I just realized that in the picture i posted it is very hard to see the bailing wire i have going to the wake plate brackets. This is what keeps it from moving back.
    I can see the bailing wire in the middle that's lashing it to the center swim platform bracket. Do you also have it lashed to the struts on the wakeplate?? I can't quite tell exactly how you have it tied down with the resolution of the pic.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, and more mods to come...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

It is lashed to both struts of the wake plate. Making the unit so it can't move is key.
    Function before fashion!

FWIW--I did strap mine down using steel straps from Lowes that are made for 3" PVC. I attached 2 of them like I showed in the picture and then another 2 on each elbow. When complete, I pulled hard on it from every angle and it moved maybe 1/4".

I give up for this year, but I might revisit this project for next year. My season is almost over and I'm back to work...
    Kevin

1993 Supra Sunsport
    5.8 351 HO PCM @ 285hp / PCM (40 A) 1.23:1
    Acme 422 Propeller 4 Blade 12.5 X 15.5 RH 1" Bore .105 cup
    Ballast: (2) 540 lb and (2) 350 lb Straight Line Launch Pad
    Wakeboard: CWB Absolute w/ Faction bindings / Surfboards: Hyperlite Coex & Broadcast

"Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should have accomplished with your ability." ~John Wooden