Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fae ?

Hybrid View

Default Fae ?

Who is running an FAE exhaust? Likes, dislikes, what brand?

Built my own out of pvc pipe as a mock up, i like it enough that i may not change it. especially since it only cost 70 bucks. I will admit it looks kinda ghetto out of the water but who cares. my motto is function before fashion.
    Function before fashion!

Interesting. How did you support it? brackets connected to swim platform probably.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtydawg View Post
    Interesting. How did you support it? brackets connected to swim platform probably.
    basically, i haven't had a chance to get to town to get the brackets yet so for now it's just bailing wire to secure it and plywood spacer's so it can't move up. Like i said it was just a mock up and it's attachment is ghetto but it worked like a charm.
    Function before fashion!

"works like a charm" is good news. Once you get it finished and photo worthy you should do a diy write up. Oh and I've seen your boat in other thread and that vintage tri- colored stripe is awesome. If you ever have to get new interior I would go back original.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtydawg View Post
    "works like a charm" is good news. Once you get it finished and photo worthy you should do a diy write up. Oh and I've seen your boat in other thread and that vintage tri- colored stripe is awesome. If you ever have to get new interior I would go back original.
    Thanks, I'll definetly keep it original. I've fallen in love with that stripe. And i'll post pics of the silencer once i have the right brackets.
    Function before fashion!

Default Re: Fae ?

I felt the opposite. I've looked at them multiple times and haven't pulled the trigger the price seems high for what it is. My opinion of course.

I reckon it would havw been cheaper than the audio upgrades though

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    2006 Supra 24SSV

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    I felt the opposite. I've looked at them multiple times and haven't pulled the trigger the price seems high for what it is. My opinion of course.

I reckon it would havw been cheaper than the audio upgrades though

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    seems like every upgrade is overpriced. guess I'm just getting used to it

so i'm gonna post a pic of my ghetto FAE this is before i put the correct brackets on it. I'm hoping to get those on tomorrow and eventually build it out of aluminum. This is probably not permanent so don't rip on it to much. I just wanted to show a simple cost effective way to do this. I believe i have $70.00 into it. And that is steamboat prices! If you have a home depot then you could probably do this for much less.
    Function before fashion!

that looks simple enough to replicate. i dont think it looks bad. change the wire for stainless all thread hangers and you got it made