Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fae ?

so i'm gonna post a pic of my ghetto FAE this is before i put the correct brackets on it. I'm hoping to get those on tomorrow and eventually build it out of aluminum. This is probably not permanent so don't rip on it to much. I just wanted to show a simple cost effective way to do this. I believe i have $70.00 into it. And that is steamboat prices! If you have a home depot then you could probably do this for much less.
    Function before fashion!

that looks simple enough to replicate. i dont think it looks bad. change the wire for stainless all thread hangers and you got it made

That's pretty much the plan villain. I really don't care what it looks like since it's below water, it just has to work well.
    Function before fashion!

not bad at all HD, but where did you get the outlet?

outlet's through the transom are stock. They have about an inch that sticks out for attaching the rubber gasket and hose clamp. The down spout is just a piece of 3 inch that i heated and pressed between 2 pieces of plywood at an angle. Then i just cut it to fit with my chopsaw and an old blade.
    Function before fashion!

yea the down spout is what I was referring to. It looks factory made, just needs a nice bracket and it will look as good as anything Ive seen for sale. I'm going to steal your idea, hope you dont mind.

have fun with it, I got my idea from one in the archive's. It didn't have any pics though
    Function before fashion!

That looks great. Pretty much like the real McCoy. I just installed one and it looks pretty much the same, and you are right, you never see it when you are out on the water.

One thing that the original provides is a metal pipe that fits snugly inside the exhaust outlets to give them extra strength. Not sure if they are necessary but they allow you to tighten the clamps a little tighter without the worry of cracking the stock outlets. The outlets on the boat are just some sort of PVC that is not very thick. You may not have any issues but it is something to think about. I did not take any pictures of those pieces but they were about 1.25" to 1.5" long metal pipes that fit snugly into each exhaust outlet.

Here is a pick of mine and it does not look that different than yours.
    20130707_113522_Golfview Ave.jpg

hmmm. something to think about for sure.
    Function before fashion!

Default Fae ?

Steamboat prices = 150% markup...don't miss that all too much.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski