Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fae ?

Here's one so you can see my brackets

Lots of allthread and nylocks. SS allthread is tough to find -- I lucked out and found the last piece at the local TruValue.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetlink View Post
    Steamboat prices = 150% markup...don't miss that all too much.
    Damn straight on that one, it suck's. You have zero selection and then you get gouged when you do find something.
    Function before fashion!

it's called a business. I use to build playhouses. I had a lady tell me her husband could build one twice as big for the price I was asking. I laughed and said " so could I.“
    2003 Supra Launch 22SSV
    1986 Ski Natique 2001

That's to funny.
    Function before fashion!

I had a pain getting mine to stay on initially due to the upward angle of my exhaust ports at the transom but I got a fix in place now and it works great. Can't imagine not having it at this point. We can actually have a conversation in the boat without yelling while crossing the lake at 30 mph to get to our riding spot. I have all the options as far as quick release and what not. That made the install quite a bit longer. image.jpg

one negative aspect of it is I now am a little paranoid regarding engine noise because I can hear it now.
    2003 Supra Launch 22SSV
    1986 Ski Natique 2001

I've also been on the fence about these. About how much are they? Any notice in top speed or handling/turning with one installed?
    2008 Sunsport 22 V

no changes to any of them.
    2003 Supra Launch 22SSV
    1986 Ski Natique 2001

Quote Originally Posted by 2500HD View Post
    so i'm gonna post a pic of my ghetto FAE this is before i put the correct brackets on it. I'm hoping to get those on tomorrow and eventually build it out of aluminum. This is probably not permanent so don't rip on it to much. I just wanted to show a simple cost effective way to do this. I believe i have $70.00 into it. And that is steamboat prices! If you have a home depot then you could probably do this for much less.
    I *really* like how this turned out. And the center outlet that you heated and pressed looks amazing. Seeing yours is making me consider doing one now. Well, not to mention that even after adding a pair of Compression Horn Tubbies to my tower that I just Just hear the music enough to enjoy it while surfing...

And living in Vancouver WA, we have a pair of Home Depots that are JUST on the Oregon side of the river (no sales tax). Would it be too much trouble to write up a parts list of what items you bought to make yours?
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, and more mods to come...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

Default Fae ?

A parts list would be killer!