Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Never Wet

Grease causes it to fail. You know, kind of like Tsg002s0v04820g02810d stated above..........................

Default Never Wet

Quote Originally Posted by haugy View Post
    Grease causes it to fail. You know, kind of like Tsg002s0v04820g02810d stated above..........................
    Is that if its applied to an area that is greasy or just contact with grease causes it to fail? A brand new installed bearing that hasn't been greased yet might be sealed and the have grease added after the fact in the latter case I would think.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Anything petroleum based strips it right off based on the youtube videos I've seen.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

i saw one that said soap and even being handled by hands does the same, maybe the oils on the skin. the video said running water washes it off too.

i'd imagine the treatment would wear off any fabric very quickly too if there's any flexing or folding.

Quote Originally Posted by haugy View Post
    Haaa Haaaa, that's funny right there. You know, I had a REASONABLE user name when I first started this site, toddg -- nice and easy to remember.

I was a newbie and had posted about 100 questions. I got banned, purely on the number of posts - I was a spammer.

So - I made a name that was available. TG (my initials, 08 - year of boat, 24SSV - model of boat, and GG - gravity games - at the time, it seemed reasonable, now, not so much).

I am a moderator, so I COULD just "unban" my old user name, but I don't have the authority to make someone a moderator.

Haugy, from time to time when I get logged out, or get a new phone/tablet, it takes a few minutes to realize what my login name is
    2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.

Also 24 hours of sun light (UV) breaks it down and ruins it... Awesome one time use for light weight work or maybe a single night camping... too bad had a few ideas for this stuff
    2012 20SSV